Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-21-2010, 06:23 PM   #16
belum2aj
belum2aj began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
I'll tell HER to check out Staples, thanks
Btw I've checked with some Czechs who have both, the international and the US version and there seems to be no difference at all.
Above that, one of them is saying that you can browse web even when on 3g without additional charges.
Hope they're not pulling my leg...
Unfortunately the amazon terms are pretty vague and the company reserves the right to change them without your acceptance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiersten View Post
The US Kindle 3G+WiFi or the international Kindle 3G+WiFi should both work in the Czech Republic. The issue appears to be whether you get the US or international version. Amazon's US Kindle (AT&T) coverage map shows it as being supported but only has 3G in the what I assume are the major cities. The rest of the country is GPRS/EDGE only. The international Kindle (Vodafone) however only supports GPRS/EDGE speeds everywhere including the major cities.
I'll dig deeper into this. The Kindle.US coverage map relatively copies the Vodafone 3G coverage in Czech Republic, which is limitted to big cities.
belum2aj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 06:26 PM   #17
Tiersten
Guru
Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by belum2aj View Post
Above that, one of them is saying that you can browse web even when on 3g without additional charges.
Ah good. Just checking as Amazon do say it is restricted. I agree that it isn't very clear with all the conflicting information.
Tiersten is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2010, 06:33 PM   #18
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
I've had everything from -0- star hotels to 5 star hotels accept deliveries for me. she needs to talk to the management!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 03:11 AM   #19
belum2aj
belum2aj began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
I'm confirming this from the other czech source. The US 3G Kindle works in Czech republic the same way as it works in the US, except the 3G signal is restricted to 3 large cities. You can't download unsupported ?and large? files + you pay for conversion through your @kindle.com address when on 3G. No additional charges apply.

So my last question

Is there only one type of Kindle 3G+Wifi on sale in retail stores (as Staples or BB) which works globally, or are they selling US only type and one for global use.

Last edited by belum2aj; 11-22-2010 at 05:49 AM.
belum2aj is offline   Reply With Quote