Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 10-02-2009, 05:31 AM   #1
Xia
Zealot
Xia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 1 (x2)
Interesting link to "E-Book Universe" chart

I apologize if this was posted before. But ... I just wasn't sure how to do a search on it. So...

I stumbled on this Kindle Blog post, and found this chart interesting. The orginal blog header is: "E-book industry in one picture"; the chart is titled: "E-Book Universe"

And here's the link:
http://blogkindle.com/2009/09/e-book...n-one-picture/

I found the chart interesting - has anyone seen this before? (Or am I just horribly late to the party?!)

P.S.
It's a very interesting Kindle blog, too. Am I correct in assuming that everyone (but me) already knew about this? If not, please let me know.

Cheers, Xia

ETA: It just dawned on me that it may be taboo to "link out" to other sites. OMGoodness, if that is the case I am very sorry & please have a moderator delete this.

Last edited by Xia; 10-02-2009 at 05:49 AM.
Xia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 06:26 AM   #2
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Very interesting chart. I think I may have seen something similar a while ago, but can't recall where. Thanks for sharing!!

(It's ok to link to other sites as long as those sites don't infringe MobileRead's policies on things like copyright and piracy.)
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 06:39 AM   #3
Xia
Zealot
Xia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 1 (x2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
Very interesting chart. I think I may have seen something similar a while ago, but can't recall where. Thanks for sharing!!

(It's ok to link to other sites as long as those sites don't infringe MobileRead's policies on things like copyright and piracy.)
Cool! Thanks so much for letting me know! I feel much better now (I'm just a newbie so I wasn't sure, but certainly don't want to mess up & get kicked out).

Cheers,
Xia
Xia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 07:16 AM   #4
yagiz
http://is.gd/4flJX
yagiz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yagiz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yagiz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yagiz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yagiz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPhone 3G
Great diagram! Thanks for sharing!
yagiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 07:18 AM   #5
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Hmmmm.......looks skewed towards iphone more than anything.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 10:17 AM   #6
pking36330
FT Parent PT Reader
pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Shocked by how much I've read on an iPod Touch received as a gift!
It is missing a few links also:
Blackberry has an eReader input
Sony devices have a Fictionwise input
Etc.

It seems this chart trys to purposefully confuse the issue and since little is every random or coincidence, that the iPhone is central with the most inputs into it means the author was clrearly favoring that device. Somewhat amazing that a phone gets star billing on an eBook chart.
pking36330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 10:54 AM   #7
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
Interesting, but they left off eReader for Palm - ignored Baen completely - and didn't include Amazon as a source for the iPhone.

It could use more work. But still, it's a great depiction of how convoluted everything has become.
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 04:33 PM   #8
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Not only does it ignore Baen, but it completely ignores the Bookeen family of devices. Yep. Quite the display of lack of research on the part of techflash.
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote