Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 08-04-2013, 07:32 AM   #61
underscore
Addict
underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Nova 2, Kingrow K1 (former N96 ML/i86ML Plus/M92)
facciamo un thread in italiano pure noi? :-D
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 01:14 AM   #62
Kirith
schoolteacher
Kirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Onyx M92 +i62HD(m)+M92(m)x20+M90x13
seaniko7, and it is possible to put instead of the desktop version of the mobile - Ubuntu Touch OS? Especially it would be suitable for i62HD. ;-)

seaniko7, а возможно вместо настольной версии ставить мобильную - Ubuntu Touch OS? Особенно она подошла бы для i62HD. ;-)
Kirith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 09:21 AM   #63
Kirith
schoolteacher
Kirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

I did it! On the first try!
Special thanks to FMP - Your guide was very helpful.
A few questions to seaniko7 and the community:
- How to calibrate the stylus? Very interferes upward displacement
- It is possible to connect a keyboard and a mouse without code USB Host mode in the terminal?
- It's possible no use the USB-powered hub?
- How to turn off the OS?
Special thanks to seaniko7

Я сделал это! С первого раза!
Особая благодарность FMP - помогла очень Ваша инструкция.
Несколько вопросов к seaniko7 и сообществу:
- как откалибровать стилус? Очень мешает смещение вверх
- можно-ли подключить клавиатуру и мышь без кода USB Host mode в терминале?
- можно-ли не использовать питаемый USB-хаб?
- как выключать ОС?
Особое спасибо seaniko7
Old 08-14-2013, 12:48 PM   #64
rogerpiano
Connoisseur
rogerpiano began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 650, Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox Max2
hello Kirith. I would like to ask some questions to yourself and others in the community:
1) When you start ubuntu go directly to your desktop, or you have a screen with the penguin (as in the video)?
2) How do you see the folder icons and the words? They seem to have defined or low resolution?
3) Did you try to view a pdf or reading a web page? What is the display?
I by the time I got to use the SO original because they are not able to solve the problems I had indicated. Appearance that someone can give me some suggestions. Seeing the video of Crazydog I noticed that starts the video player from the terminal as root. Perhaps the problem is that you do login as root?
I hope someone can answer me.
Good mid-August at all!
rogerpiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 01:03 PM   #65
pkbo
Addict
pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerpiano View Post
2) How do you see the folder icons and the words? They seem to have defined or low resolution?
The problem is not in the resolution. They are black and white. That makes them look like a mess. The bw mode is used because it is fastest mode.
pkbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 03:22 PM   #66
Kirith
schoolteacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerpiano View Post
hello Kirith. I would like to ask some questions to yourself and others in the community:
1) When you start ubuntu go directly to your desktop, or you have a screen with the penguin (as in the video)?
No. Only black screen, flashing by white
Quote:
Yes, I think so too. But readably
Quote:
3) Did you try to view a pdf or reading a web page? What is the display?
I did not expect that everything will turn out on the first try. USB keyboard at hand was not. So enter any letters or numbers I could not. And to connect with the network - the same could not

Я не ожидал, что всё получится с первого раза. Клавиатуры на USB под рукой не нашлось. Поэтому ввести какие-либо буквы или цифры я не смог. И подключиться с сети - то же не смог
Quote:
I by the time I got to use the SO original because they are not able to solve the problems I had indicated. Appearance that someone can give me some suggestions. Seeing the video of Crazydog I noticed that starts the video player from the terminal as root. Perhaps the problem is that you do login as root?
I'm not login in "root" - only "user"
Old 08-14-2013, 09:44 PM   #67
pkbo
Addict
pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The penguin on video is just demo of bootloader, seaniko7 did not publish bootloader itself yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirith View Post
USB keyboard at hand was not. So enter any letters or numbers I could not.
There is onscreen keyboard for this purpose.
Old 08-14-2013, 11:34 PM   #68
Kirith
schoolteacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkbo View Post
There is onscreen keyboard for this purpose.
I know this ... But how can it cause? Can you give detailed instructions?

Я знаю это... Но как её вызвать? Можете дать подробную инструкцию?
Old 08-15-2013, 12:20 AM   #69
pkbo
Addict

I don't remember right now. I played with obuntu one day. It is called onboard. Look for it in Accessibility, I guess.
Old 08-15-2013, 06:25 PM   #70
seaniko7
wannabe developer
seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kindle: 2xKeyboard, Classic, 2xTouch, 2xPW, PW2; Onyx: Boox M92
Please check first post. I have simplified installation and update procedure by implementing software bootloader.
seaniko7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 12:44 AM   #71
Kirith
schoolteacher

seaniko7, could you answer on my previous questions (see above)?
Sorry for the stupid question ... Perhaps, I increase the speed of the OS if I create a swap partition on the SD-card (class 10)?

seaniko7, а не могли бы ответить на мои прошлые вопросы (см. выше).
Простите за глупый вопрос... Возможно-ли увеличить скорость работы ОС если создать swap раздел на SD -карте (10 класс)?
Old 08-16-2013, 03:54 AM   #72
aruangra
Connoisseur
aruangra has learned how to read e-booksaruangra has learned how to read e-booksaruangra has learned how to read e-booksaruangra has learned how to read e-booksaruangra has learned how to read e-booksaruangra has learned how to read e-booksaruangra has learned how to read e-books

Device: Nook Touch, iPad1, iPad2, iPod Touch 4G, Pixel Qi
Quote:
Originally Posted by seaniko7 View Post
Please check first post. I have simplified installation and update procedure by implementing software bootloader.
What partition format should I prepare before copying the two files to the SD card?

Last edited by aruangra; 08-16-2013 at 05:23 AM.
aruangra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 06:44 AM   #73
seaniko7
wannabe developer
seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kindle: 2xKeyboard, Classic, 2xTouch, 2xPW, PW2; Onyx: Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirith View Post
I did it! On the first try!
Special thanks to FMP - Your guide was very helpful.
A few questions to seaniko7 and the community:
- How to calibrate the stylus? Very interferes upward displacement
- It is possible to connect a keyboard and a mouse without code USB Host mode in the terminal?
- It's possible no use the USB-powered hub?
- How to turn off the OS?
Special thanks to seaniko7

Я сделал это! С первого раза!
Особая благодарность FMP - помогла очень Ваша инструкция.
Несколько вопросов к seaniko7 и сообществу:
- как откалибровать стилус? Очень мешает смещение вверх
- можно-ли подключить клавиатуру и мышь без кода USB Host mode в терминале?
- можно-ли не использовать питаемый USB-хаб?
- как выключать ОС?
Особое спасибо seaniko7
I will compile ts_calibrate binary and provide calibration in next release.
For now it is not possible to enable USB host without terminal, also I haven't found way to use USB host without external power source yet.
You can shutdown OS by "logout" option. It can be found in lower-left screen corner.

Now Obuntu is installed on Boox internal memory, which makes it faster than using class 10 SD card. However, I'll check whether additional swap partition makes any additional speed improvement.

@aruangra, there is no need to partition SD, just drop these two files on FAT formatted card.

Last edited by seaniko7; 08-16-2013 at 06:46 AM.
seaniko7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 07:20 AM   #74
Kirith
schoolteacher

Quote:
You can shutdown OS by "logout" option. It can be found in lower-left screen corner.
It is there that the stylus is missing because of displacement of ... Yes, okay! "Poweroff" in the terminal also should do it.
Именно туда стилус не достаёт из-за смещения... Да и ладно! В терминале poweroff тоже должно сработать.

Something no response when you select "Update Obuntu" ... Just wait?
upd: just 40 minutes. It worked! ;-)

Что-то нет отклика при выборе пункта меню "Update Obuntu"... Просто ждать?
upd: всего 40 минут. Получилось! ;-)

Last edited by Kirith; 08-16-2013 at 08:47 AM.
Old 08-16-2013, 09:04 PM   #75
aruangra
Connoisseur
aruangra has learned how to read e-booksaruangra has learned how to read e-booksaruangra has learned how to read e-booksaruangra has learned how to read e-booksaruangra has learned how to read e-booksaruangra has learned how to read e-booksaruangra has learned how to read e-books

Device: Nook Touch, iPad1, iPad2, iPod Touch 4G, Pixel Qi
Quote:
I will compile ts_calibrate binary and provide calibration in next release.
For now it is not possible to enable USB host without terminal, also I haven't found way to use USB host without external power source yet.
You can shutdown OS by "logout" option. It can be found in lower-left
Does the Usb host mode need to be activated everytime we connect the hub? or only in the first time? I think we can add the modules in /etc/modules to start automatically or we can use udev.

Last edited by aruangra; 08-16-2013 at 09:07 PM.
aruangra is offline   Reply With Quote