Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-07-2012, 06:46 PM   #331
ucfgrad93
Wizard
ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
Okay, so where are going going to set up the petition?
http://www.ipetitions.com/start-peti...FcldTAodWTAA7Q
ucfgrad93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 06:48 PM   #332
mewmartigan
Guru
mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (2019)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
Hmm, you know...
Petitions are usually a waste of time but this time...
It *would* be a good way to see how many people echo our preference.
The question is how to get the petition noticed by Kindle users.
If we could get enough endorsement, say 50K signatures, Amazon might think about putting the KPW screen into the K4.

Okay, so where are going going to set up the petition?
I bet the paperwhite technology shows up in the non-touch in next year's models and maybe the touch gets a color version or whatever the next logical e-ink step is..
mewmartigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 06:55 PM   #333
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucfgrad93 View Post
I think since the took away the ability to have audio books on the new Kindles, they felt like they could reduce the amount of storage. Audio books take up a lot more space than regular books.
I think that's why they bumped storage to 4GB for K3/KT, yes. They hoped Kindle would take off as an Audible platform. But I think they found few people were using the audiobook feature, undermining the justification for the storage. For myself, one reason I never use Audible player much is that wireless download will only deliver the bulkiest format (enhanced), and it just takes forever and just chews up the space. They should have used format 4 for half the overhead. Also the player will not run in background like MP3 player, precluding the possibility of reading along in the text (should you also have the text). The other reason is that my iPod Touch is much better suited as an audiobook player, and the Audible app is much better. I can listen while working out, doing yard work, etc. Kindle is just too big.

But I wish they'd just kept the same storage spec even if most people weren't using it (for audiobooks or otherwise). As it is, they are just providing a reason not to upgrade, or to go with a competing device that has SD storage.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 09:35 PM   #334
Fluribus
Guru
Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
But I wish they'd just kept the same storage spec even if most people weren't using it (for audiobooks or otherwise). As it is, they are just providing a reason not to upgrade, or to go with a competing device that has SD storage.
K9 "Retriever" will only have enough memory to hold one book at a time. K10 "Alzheimer's" will only have enough memory to hold the fact that my first Kindle was gray.

I wish they'd fix these so that filling up the memory wasn't so klunky.
Fluribus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 09:48 PM   #335
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Hmmm... that depends on what you're touching
you seem to be a very naughty monkey lately
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 10:42 PM   #336
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyndslash View Post
you seem to be a very naughty monkey lately
Maybe you should spank him...
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 01:56 AM   #337
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
No!!! I suspect he likes that !!! (and fifty shades of banana makes its entrance in this thread too.....)
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 02:41 AM   #338
celemark
Enthusiast
celemark doesn't littercelemark doesn't litter

Device: EBookwise-1150, PocketBook 360, Kindle 3 SO 3G, PocketBook Touch Lux 5
Does it look like it will be possible to turn the page by doing a short swipe with your thumb or would you need to swipe across a wider section of the screen? I really like the lighted screen, but I've never used an ereader that didn't have physical page turn buttons so I'm not sure how easy it would be to use with one hand.
celemark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 02:57 AM   #339
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by celemark View Post
Does it look like it will be possible to turn the page by doing a short swipe with your thumb or would you need to swipe across a wider section of the screen? I really like the lighted screen, but I've never used an ereader that didn't have physical page turn buttons so I'm not sure how easy it would be to use with one hand.
You don't need a large swipe, nor a swipe at all. You just need to touch the right side of the display to turn the page forward, or the left side to turn the page backward. Very easy as a matter of fact (although I would still prefer physical buttons).
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 06:23 AM   #340
shanghaichica
Guru
shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe,Kindle Oasis 3, iPad Pro 11, iPhone 13 Pro Max,iPad mini 6, PW5
It can be my birthday present to myself next year. Now I will buy the touch as the paperwhite is not available where I live.
shanghaichica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 07:02 AM   #341
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by pippopelo View Post
I would a Paperwhite non touch . I prefer buttons to turn the page.

Start a petition! Non touch is better than touch!
buttons break.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 07:04 AM   #342
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I bit, unbit, and bit again. Yesterday I ordered a 3G Paperwhite. Last night, after a long, bloody struggle, my left brain put the smackdown on my right brain and I cancelled that order and ordered the WiFi only Paperwhite at a savings of $60.00.

That's what I'm thinking of, but have not actually placed my order yet...finding it a bit hard since my 505 is still functional as is my K2.
Old 09-08-2012, 07:07 AM   #343
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post

It was a setup I tell you, a set up!

Old 09-08-2012, 08:19 AM   #344
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
The high pixel density and screen clarity makes this device very tempting. But with no hardware buttons low storage and no epub support I will pass and hope someone comes out with an android based reader with similar specs.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 08:41 AM   #345
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
The high pixel density and screen clarity makes this device very tempting. But with no hardware buttons low storage and no epub support I will pass and hope someone comes out with an android based reader with similar specs.
They have: http://www.kobo.com/koboglo/

Same day, too.
Have at it.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote