Notices

Old 01-31-2012, 11:18 PM   #1
maindoor
Enthusiast
maindoor began at the beginning.

Device: hanlin
onyxboox.com experience

Hi,

Has anyone ordered from onyxboox.com ? How is the experience ?
Looks like the Onyx official store!

Thanks.
maindoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 11:13 PM   #2
maindoor
Enthusiast

Onyx just gave this update. Use BOOX20 coupon code and take $20 off.
Old 02-07-2012, 11:15 PM   #3
PF4Mobile
Guru
PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Touch, EEE 800 Note, Entourage PE, finally M92
Did you order from them ?
Have you received the e-reader, any dead pixels?
PF4Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 01:40 AM   #4
maindoor
Enthusiast

Nope....not yet.
I hear accolades about ereader-store.de customer service.
Old 02-08-2012, 04:58 AM   #5
Beryll Snyder
Banned
Beryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Nook classic, PB 903, Onyx M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by maindoor View Post
Nope....not yet.
I hear accolades about ereader-store.de customer service.
Sure, but how far can they go with a not so thrilling product?
Beryll Snyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 10:56 PM   #6
mr_mahermahey
mr_mahermahey began at the beginning.

Device: m92, sony 950
think ereader-store.de has same products, definitely has the m92

but i did buy from onyxboox.com, it showed up pretty quickly, couple few days to the west coast. From what I can tell they are just an official distributor, not part of onyx corp that actually makes the device. I have no idea about support from them.

Almost went with ereader-store.de, even though i'm on the opposite side of the world, because booxtor is a presence here but shipping is a beast from germany to here.
mr_mahermahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 01:06 AM   #7
PF4Mobile
Guru
PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_mahermahey View Post
think ereader-store.de has same products, definitely has the m92

but i did buy from onyxboox.com, it showed up pretty quickly, couple few days to the west coast. From what I can tell they are just an official distributor, not part of onyx corp that actually makes the device. I have no idea about support from them.

Almost went with ereader-store.de, even though i'm on the opposite side of the world, because booxtor is a presence here but shipping is a beast from germany to here.
Just curious, did you pay taxes when you received the device?
I also ordered from them and I am waiting for the device.
I had the same reasons, ordering from Europe is the deal breaker
(on top of that I also got the promo code mentioned here, Tks maindoor!

Last edited by PF4Mobile; 02-13-2012 at 01:09 AM.
Old 02-13-2012, 03:06 AM   #8
mr_mahermahey

Didn't pay tax, never heard of tax on delivery, I'll owe local sales tax once I report it on my taxes as every good citizen does.
Old 02-13-2012, 08:16 AM   #9
PF4Mobile
Guru

Quote:
Didn't pay tax, never heard of tax on delivery, I'll owe local sales tax once I report it on my taxes as every good citizen does.
I forgot to ask if you are in Canada. :-)
You owe taxex for money you make or services/goods you sell
Not sure how is that possible if you buy something and the seller did not charge you taxes (VAT)....why would you owe/report taxes in this situation?
Old 02-13-2012, 10:39 AM   #10
mr_mahermahey

Quote:
Originally Posted by PF4Mobile View Post
Not sure how is that possible if you buy something and the seller did not charge you taxes (VAT)....why would you owe/report taxes in this situation?
The law is that you owe the taxes of where you live, but regulations making internet sellers take care of collecting this amount and sending to IRS are fought off by amazon so far. Some places like newegg charge it, some like amazon claim it's too complicated and makes their brains hurt. one is supposed to declare and pay the taxes on these when filing, I think I'm somewhat rare in being rigorous about doing that.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:49 AM   #11
PF4Mobile
Guru

Quote:
The law is that you owe the taxes of where you live, but regulations making internet sellers take care of collecting this amount and sending to IRS are fought off by amazon so far. Some places like newegg charge it, some like amazon claim it's too complicated and makes their brains hurt. one is supposed to declare and pay the taxes on these when filing, I think I'm somewhat rare in being rigorous about doing that.
I got it.
the way I see it is that the seller has to and must collect the taxes since they are making profit.... It is called Value Added Tax ...what is the value added by the buyer in such situations ?
Old 02-13-2012, 11:54 AM   #12
Beryll Snyder
Banned
Beryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Nook classic, PB 903, Onyx M92
Quote:
I am sorry, but that is plain nonsense. You don't have to pay sales tax to the IRS if the seller did not charge any.
Amazon does not charge these taxes because there is loophole as far as online sales are concerned.
Beryll Snyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 12:04 PM   #13
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
Quote:
I got it.
the way I see it is that the seller has to and must collect the taxes since they are making profit.... It is called Value Added Tax ...what is the value added by the buyer in such situations ?

I do not know situation in US or Canada, but in Czech Rep there are some VAT sectors where the customer is responsible for paying VAT (instead of supplier) to the state.

It is sort of strange, but generaly the state thinks that it will get the money from customer more easily than from supplier (which might get bancupt, ...).

Generaly, VAT is absolutely absurd tax, which should not exist.

Last edited by Mono; 02-13-2012 at 12:07 PM.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 12:12 PM   #14
PF4Mobile
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mono View Post
I do not know situation in US or Canada, but in Czech Rep there are some VAT sectors where the customer is responsible for paying VAT (instead of supplier) to the state.

It is sort of strange, but generaly the state thinks that it will get the money from customer more easily than from supplier (which might get bancupt, ...).

Generaly, VAT is absolutely absurd tax, which should not exist.
At least in Canada (where I live now and I had the curiosity to check) that was introduced (afai rememeber) as a tax to help with the war efforts. After that it simply stayed!
At this moment the state taxes every transaction (food and some other goods excepted) just because they can. I do not see the sense of it as a mean to pay the expenses to run the country and the government. That is once addressed by the income taxes.

However collecting that from buyers is insane since it is easier to get if from an aggregation point like sellers which or suppliers of goods or services since that is a bigger account. It might be easier to prosecute a business than to go after each PF4Mobile who refuses to return that VAT with his taxes. My 2c :-)
Old 02-13-2012, 01:00 PM   #15
mr_mahermahey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beryll Snyder View Post
I am sorry, but that is plain nonsense. You don't have to pay sales tax to the IRS if the seller did not charge any.
Amazon does not charge these taxes because there is loophole as far as online sales are concerned.
IRS..., that was before coffee sorry. I owe, and pay, the taxes to my state tax board not the IRS. And at least in california that's the law, if it was up to the seller I doubt there'd be any sales tax. That's also probably the confusion with canada as US has no national sales tax but myriad local sales taxes.