Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Netronix

Notices

Old 09-02-2008, 01:22 AM   #16
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
If you buy a sample you are usually a company and then it is usually clear what level of service is offered since warranty and such things usually is not used when a company buy something. The expected level of service is regulated by the contract.

Samples you usually by cheaply or get for free so I would not expect the same level of service as in the case when I am a end user buying from a shop.
I paid *FULL* retail price for it. And it was *NOT* a pre-production model, but rather their (as of April 2008) current standard production device.

If you want to be argumentative, sure, be argumentative. But you should acknowledge that I *may* know enough about what I bought to realize that I deserve customer service.

Sheesh! I'd hate to buy a product from any company which picked nits as thoroughly as you're doing.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 01:22 AM   #17
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Derek did not get the sample for cheap or free. he did pay for it. And now Netronix won't support it.
I'm not going to say they *won't* support it, just that they've been remarkably slow in providing said service.

Derek
Advert
Old 09-02-2008, 02:39 AM   #18
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
All I can recommend is never do business with a company who's only means of support is email. If they don't have a phone number which which you can speak to someone, they I would stay away.
That's fine for "domestic" purchases, but it's not so easy when buying internationally. For one thing, if you don't speak the language of the seller, it may not be so easy, and you certainly can't expect a seller in a different country to speak your language. How good is your Taiwanese?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 04:55 AM   #19
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post
I paid *FULL* retail price for it. And it was *NOT* a pre-production model, but rather their (as of April 2008) current standard production device.

If you want to be argumentative, sure, be argumentative. But you should acknowledge that I *may* know enough about what I bought to realize that I deserve customer service.
I could not find on the web page that they were retailers. I still do not know if they usually sells to end user or if they made an exception for you. I could not find anything on the web site indicating that they had end user service.

My point is that some companies only sell to other companies and then the level of service is not regulated in law but in the contract.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 11:36 AM   #20
delphidb96
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
I could not find on the web page that they were retailers. I still do not know if they usually sells to end user or if they made an exception for you. I could not find anything on the web site indicating that they had end user service.

My point is that some companies only sell to other companies and then the level of service is not regulated in law but in the contract.

But no doubt you *did* find on their page where they list contacting "support" (albeit you must search through their pagemap to get to the actual "contact support" page), yes? That means they "expect" to support/service what they sell.

But let us go with your idea, that I must somehow "contact" a reseller/retailer for support of this device. The *ONLY* reseller/retailer who directly acknowledges their connection with Netronix and the Netronix ebook readers is Astak. Guess what? I've attempted to contact Robertb on MR about getting help from Astak in getting my EB-100 fixed/replaced/upgraded. No response yet. Hmmm...

Derek
Advert
Old 09-02-2008, 02:48 PM   #21
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
That's fine for "domestic" purchases, but it's not so easy when buying internationally. For one thing, if you don't speak the language of the seller, it may not be so easy, and you certainly can't expect a seller in a different country to speak your language. How good is your Taiwanese?
But, if they sell to the USA/UK, then they have to have someone on staff who can speak English.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 02:52 AM   #22
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
But, if they sell to the USA/UK, then they have to have someone on staff who can speak English.
Sorry, but I don't agree. I sell my software world-wide, but I only provide support in English. If someone in, say, Spain, buys my software, that doesn't imply that I can provide support for them in Spanish.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote