Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 01-25-2012, 10:40 PM   #421
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Art the time I wrote the app for word2003 and calibre .6 the executable was not part of the app path. If calibre its starting to add itself to the app path then I can remove the code that looks for the path and BC should work just fine.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 03:02 PM   #422
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Book Creator 2007 released

Book Creator and BookCreator 2007 released.

BookCreator
- Bug fixes.

BookCreator 2007
- GUI update uses 2007+ Ribbons
- Bug Fixes
*** Fixed crash that would happen after book was created.
Attached Files
File Type: zip BookCreator.zip (185.9 KB, 656 views)
File Type: zip BookCreator_2007.zip (225.0 KB, 813 views)
Advert
Old 02-01-2012, 03:14 PM   #423
=X=
Wizard

Can a Mod please update the title to "BookCreator Tool v3.5"

Thank You.
Old 02-01-2012, 10:27 PM   #424
askyn
Addict
askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (11th Gen)
Just downloaded and opened up the latest version (2007 ribbon version)

Question tho,

I have a Add-ins tab as well as the new eBook Creator tab.

Is this normal? Or is it a left over from previous versions for some compatibility reason?

I would think with the new ribbon tab etc that the old tab could be done away with.

Thank you very much for the update !! I plan on playing with it a lot =)
askyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 10:55 PM   #425
=X=
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by askyn View Post
Just downloaded and opened up the latest version (2007 ribbon version)
Question tho,
I have a Add-ins tab as well as the new eBook Creator tab.
Is this normal? Or is it a left over from previous versions for some compatibility reason
Yes a little bit of both. There are two things I have not figured out with 2007. Dynamic creation of ribbon buttons and drop down ribbons, like I have in the bookcreator 2003 version. The features in the drop down menu where not ported to the new UI, so I left the add-on in so folks can still use the older functionality.

Last edited by =X=; 02-01-2012 at 11:05 PM.
Advert
Old 02-02-2012, 01:10 AM   #426
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Hi:

Stupid Q: I'm using the old version with Win7 and it seems to work, when I need it. I get an Add-in item on my 2010 Ribbon...any reason to upgrade?

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 02:01 AM   #427
anabelee
Zealot
anabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enough

Device: Woxter Scriba 150, pocketbook 360
Thank you for the new version, I'll try it today.

I have word 2010 in mylaptop, will work on it the 2007 version?
anabelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 12:14 PM   #428
=X=
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Hi:

Stupid Q: I'm using the old version with Win7 and it seems to work, when I need it. I get an Add-in item on my 2010 Ribbon...any reason to upgrade?

Hitch
Not really. A good amount of folks with MS Word 2007 reported crashes with the BC 2003. This release was really a port and bug fix for those crashes. The 2007 has it's own ribbon so it looks nicer and feels more like 2007. It also has the "Add-in" tab for the menu options that did not make it to the upgraded. (In a previous post I mentioned how I am currently not able to create drop down buttons)

For the BC 2003 I fixed few bugs and changed the way tags work. Instead of tagging italics with an underscore, I tag them with a !i! field. That change makes the format tag much more reliable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anabelee View Post
Thank you for the new version, I'll try it today.

I have word 2010 in mylaptop, will work on it the 2007 version?
It should work word 2007 and 2010 are very much alike. The big differences was going from 2003 to 2007. However I don't have access to 2010 so I cannot confirm this.

=X=
Old 02-03-2012, 01:39 AM   #429
anabelee
Zealot
anabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enough

Device: Woxter Scriba 150, pocketbook 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
It should work word 2007 and 2010 are very much alike. The big differences was going from 2003 to 2007. However I don't have access to 2010 so I cannot confirm this.

=X=
Ok, I'll try it this weekend, if I find any problem I'll tell you here. Thank you again.
anabelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 04:39 PM   #430
Gauthier
Enthusiast
Gauthier knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Gauthier knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Gauthier knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Gauthier knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Gauthier knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Gauthier knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Gauthier knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Gauthier knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Gauthier knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Gauthier knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Gauthier knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: kindle
Correction for the parent folder selection issue I have.
replace
Code:
    With Application.FileDialog(msoFileDialogFolderPicker)

bDisplayVal = .Show
        szPath = VBA.CurDir
    End With
With

Code:
    With Application.FileDialog(msoFileDialogFolderPicker)

bDisplayVal = .Show
        szPath = .SelectedItems(1)
    End With
Gauthier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 04:42 PM   #431
Gauthier
Enthusiast
Gauthier knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Gauthier knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Gauthier knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Gauthier knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Gauthier knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Gauthier knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Gauthier knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Gauthier knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Gauthier knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Gauthier knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Gauthier knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Correction To allow Multiple file selection on Import File (Word 2007/2010 only)
Replace
Code:
Sub bcInsertfile()
'________________________________________________
' NAME: bcInsertfile
' AUTHOR: =X=
' DESCRIPTION: Opens insert file dialog box.
' HISTORY:
' DATE: 09/06/2008
    With Dialogs(wdDialogInsertFile)
        .Name = "*.*"
        .Show
    End With
End Sub
With

Code:
Sub bcInsertfile()
' NAME: bcInsertfile
' AUTHOR: =X=
' DESCRIPTION: Opens insert file dialog box.
' HISTORY:
' DATE: 09/06/2008
    CommandBars.FindControl(ID:=777).Execute
End Sub
Old 02-04-2012, 04:48 PM   #432
Gauthier
Enthusiast

Corrections for Word 2010 64 bit compatibility
1 vbaKernelStuff
Code:
#If VBA7 Then
Private Declare PtrSafe Function WaitForSingleObject Lib "kernel32" ( _
    ByVal hHandle As LongPtr, _
    ByVal dwMilliseconds As Long) As Long

Private Declare PtrSafe Function OpenProcess Lib "kernel32.dll" ( _
    ByVal dwDesiredAccess As Long, _
    ByVal bInheritHandle As LongPtr, _
    ByVal dwProcessId As LongPtr) As LongPtr

Private Declare PtrSafe Function CloseHandle Lib "kernel32" ( _
    ByVal hObject As LongPtr) As Long
#Else
Private Declare Function WaitForSingleObject Lib "kernel32" ( _
    ByVal hHandle As Long, _
    ByVal dwMilliseconds As Long) As Long

Private Declare Function OpenProcess Lib "kernel32.dll" ( _
    ByVal dwDesiredAccess As Long, _
    ByVal bInheritHandle As Long, _
    ByVal dwProcessId As Long) As Long

Private Declare Function CloseHandle Lib "kernel32" ( _
    ByVal hObject As Long) As Long
#End If
Code:
#If VBA7 Then
Dim TaskID As LongPtr
Dim ProcHandle As LongPtr
#Else
Dim TaskID As Long
Dim ProcHandle As Long
#End If
2: eBookCommon

Code:
#If VBA7 Then
Public Declare PtrSafe Sub Sleep Lib "kernel32" (ByVal dwMilliseconds As Long)
#Else
Public Declare Sub Sleep Lib "kernel32" (ByVal dwMilliseconds As Long)
#End If
3: datBookCreatorProperties
Code:
        strPFPath = VBA.Environ("ProgramFiles(x86)")
        If strPFPath = "" Then
            strPFPath = VBA.Environ("ProgramFiles")
        End If
            setCalibrePath strPFPath + "\Calibre"
        End If
Old 02-04-2012, 05:31 PM   #433
Gauthier
Enthusiast

When activating Custom UI Errors warning (File->Options->Advanced->General->Show add-in user interface errors
I got on Word 2010:
Custom UI Errors:
Line:19 Column:136 Error Code 0x8004005 Unknown Office control ID: PageNumberInHeaderInsertGallery
Line:30 Column: 123 Error Code 0x8004005 Unknown Office control ID: AlignJustofyThai
Old 02-04-2012, 05:40 PM   #434
Gauthier
Enthusiast

Corrections should be:
PageNumbersInHeaderInsertGallery
and
AlignJustifyThai
Old 02-04-2012, 05:45 PM   #435
Gauthier
Enthusiast

Here is a file containing the corrections suggested above
Attached Files
File Type: rar BookCreator_2007x64.rar (226.4 KB, 340 views)