Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 09-29-2015, 06:34 AM   #1
Notjohn
mostly an observer
Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Preview pane is misbehaving

I made the mistake of messing about with the preview pane. It now occupies the top third of my screen, full width. Before that, it overlaid my Code View, on the right of the screen, but of course I couldn't read the entire Code View window without shutting down Preview.

How do I revert to the original setup, whereby Preview shared the screen with Code View (and a narrow Book Browser over on the left)? Must I download another version of Sigil and re-install?

(The F10 toggle just turns Preview on and off.)

Thanks!
Notjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 06:47 AM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
The way I know -- drag the Preview window (click & hold its title bar) over towards the right edge and 'dock' it when it 'drops' into position (its a tad fiddlesome) -- there maybe a better way.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2015, 09:26 AM   #3
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Double-click its titlebar. It should redock in the last place it was docked.
(it is fiddly if you need to relocate where it docks, but just drag it around--without releasing the mouse button)--to get a feel for it)

Last edited by DiapDealer; 09-29-2015 at 09:37 AM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 06:39 AM   #4
Notjohn
mostly an observer
Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That works, thanks. BUT! It overlays the text. My choice now is Preview / No Preview. Always before, it shared the screen as one of three windows (say 15% Book Browser, 50% Code View, 35% Preview), a much better setup.
Old 10-01-2015, 10:10 AM   #5
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notjohn View Post
That works, thanks. BUT! It overlays the text. My choice now is Preview / No Preview. Always before, it shared the screen as one of three windows (say 15% Book Browser, 50% Code View, 35% Preview), a much better setup.
That's the fiddly part (which is all Qts fault, by the way). What you've done is tabbed multiple widgets: where you have to choose which one is visible at any given time (by clicking its tab). Keep fiddling with it, and you'll discover how to divide the same docking area amoung multiple (and resizable) widgets. The shading of the docking area (while hovering with the widget over top of it) will clue you in to whether you're going to claim the whole docking area, or only a rezizable portion of it (when you ultimately release the mouse button). Once you figure it out, you'll wonder why you ever had trouble with it. Hard to explain; easy to do once you know how.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 10-01-2015 at 11:38 AM.
Advert
Old 10-01-2015, 11:32 AM   #6
Notjohn
mostly an observer

Huh. The best I can do is put the two windows (Sigil on the left, and larger) and Preview (on the right) side by side on the computer screen. That's better than before, but it's not nearly as happy a solution as what I used to see, Sigil at full screen with the three "views" available (and resizable) at all times. I have to resize (and fiddle) every time I load Sigil, grr.

Last edited by Notjohn; 10-01-2015 at 11:35 AM.
Old 10-01-2015, 11:42 AM   #7
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Huh. The best I can do is put the two windows (Sigil on the left, and larger) and Preview (on the right) side by side on the computer screen. That's better than before, but it's not nearly as happy a solution as what I used to see, Sigil at full screen with the three "views" available (and resizable) at all times. I have to resize (and fiddle) every time I load Sigil, grr.
That's not right. Sigil should retain your previous settings. There should be no need to fiddle and resize everything to your liking each and every time you launch Sigil. It sounds like you have a corrupt Sigil.ini file (or there's a permissions problem and Sigil can't write to the ini file).

There's no reason you shouldn't be able to have the layout you desire. I set mine up similarly all the time.

I can't, in good conscience, advise anyone to just delete their Sigil.ini file and start over. But it's certainly what I would do.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 10-01-2015 at 11:46 AM.
Old 10-01-2015, 11:44 AM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
They are stackable. I have mine that way.
FUSSY- Lots of (unless you are NOT trying to do it, then it just happens )

(You can do this in the Calibre editor also)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 05:59 AM   #9
Notjohn
mostly an observer

Okay, fixed! What I had to do was grab the top bar close to by not touching its left margin, just about (I think) at the e or the v in Preview. I discovered this by accident, moving the pane around, when suddenly a possibility opened up to dock it on top of Code View. Then I began to see a hint of such a possibility to the right side, but I couldn't get it to stay until I'd moved my cursor-grasp to just the right spot.

Whew!

Thanks all!