Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 09-10-2007, 11:11 AM   #1
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
RasterFarian patched and available again!

Thanks to the efforts of athlonkmf, Rasterfarian has been given a non-infringing variant:
Quote:
Originally Posted by athlonkmf View Post
Well, since Alex once gave me permission to release a patched version of RasterFarian (search for it in one of the threads)...

Although that permission was for some bugfixes, I don't think he'd mind if I use it to remove the licensing problems.

This version has the licensed pdcat.exe removed. It was doing nothing more than "concatinating" the pdf to another location. So I used a simply "copy" command instead.

Get it here. (it's too big to upload in mobileread)

http://hightech.afmag.net/rasterfari...sion-here.html
(reposted from here)
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 11:13 PM   #2
ahseng77
ahseng77 began at the beginning.

Device: se p990,505,mot355,nok1255
Friends how to change level of grayscale from 4 to 16 in resterfarian, thanks
ahseng77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2008, 05:29 PM   #3
jakeluck
Groupie
jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

good job! yes, being able to render in 16 shades would be wonderful'

yeah, no more pdflib nag screen!

Last edited by jakeluck; 01-20-2008 at 10:35 PM.
jakeluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 07:22 PM   #4
jakeluck
Groupie
jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

here is how to make RasterFarian to render in 8 shades of gray.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20048
jakeluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 06:01 AM   #5
athlonkmf
Guru
athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, Sony PRS-505, Kindle 3, Sony PRS350, iPad 64GB
I've patched raterfarian again because I needed some changes for my newly purchased prs505

This version let the user select how many shades of gray (with thanks of jakeluck for the shades)
But most importantly, the batch function is now usable.

Get it here: http://kmfstudio.com/rasterfarian_252_patch.html
Just extract and overwrite the files in your rasterfarian directory. A install version will be released later.
athlonkmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-19-2008, 05:48 AM   #6
Lukeluke
Lukeluke began at the beginning.

Device: Prs 505
Vista Sp Issues

Hi! I have a problem with rasterfarian: since I've installed the sp on vista running the executable doesn't open the dialog box.
I tried to use the right click menu on a pdf instead, but it seems that the application runned in that way is not "as admin" and so it lacks permission to read/write files.
If anyone has suggestion on how to fix this, thanks in advance!

Luca

I have found a not-exactly-orthodox-method: activate the true administrator account hidden in Vista using the prompt.. not a great solution but works.

Last edited by Lukeluke; 04-21-2008 at 05:02 AM.
Lukeluke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 04:47 PM   #7
zeellig
zeellig began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
1. How can I make rasterfarian actually CUT the pages in half rather than use LRF landscape mode. I don't mind editing the code to accomplish this.

2. Ultimately, I'd like to use this for my new Kindle that I expect to come this week (yes, they are finally in stock). Can one of you help me reconfigure rasterfarian to output a reformatted PDF or better a kindle supported format (PRC, MOBI, AZW)?
zeellig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 05:16 PM   #8
Evi1d33d
Enthusiast
Evi1d33d began at the beginning.

Device: Red PRS-505
Anyone know how to get it running on Vista?
Evi1d33d is offline   Reply With Quote