Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-11-2011, 07:57 PM   #1
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
Can I buy the Amazon lighted cover (k3) in a store?

I want to try it out but don't know if it will work out for me, in term of weight added and brightness of the light. I don't want to have to pay for return shipping if I don't want to keep it. And I don't know anyone with a lighted case.
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 08:25 PM   #2
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: WiFi Kindle3
If I recall, when I weighed the k3 and case, they were almost the same - case might have been slightly heavier.

The light is fine for reading for me. It does tend to fall-off in the lower left corner but is still more than adequate. I find it is INsufficient for reading the keyboard on my Graphite k3. I did need the keyboard lit so I could enter my password.

Maybe if you post your general location, you could meet up with someone - Hernando's Hideaway - a dark secluded place! (g)
FF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-11-2011, 10:07 PM   #3
teraflame
Enthusiast
teraflame began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
best buy should have them, don't know if they would be on display though.
teraflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 10:30 PM   #4
kranu
I <3 my Kindle
kranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: Kindle 3G + WiFi
Best Buy, Staples, etc.

Anywhere that sells the Kindle should have them.
kranu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 11:31 PM   #5
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
I looked on their web sites and neither best buy nor staples has the cover. Maybe in store...
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-11-2011, 11:47 PM   #6
billmilo
Connoisseur
billmilo has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
Best buy, and Target has them
billmilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 07:31 AM   #7
Cpl Punishment
Guru
Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad 103rd Gen
Best Buy has em for sure...They cannot advertise Kindle Stuff ..(thats what I read somewhere, maybe even in here ..)
Cpl Punishment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 08:01 AM   #8
Exer
I see Russia!
Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Etch-A-Sketch
Quote:
Originally Posted by billmilo View Post
Best buy, and Target has them
Yup, I picked mine up from Target. Though I could have saved quite a bit by picking one up used on Amazon.
Exer is offline   Reply With Quote