Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 01-18-2011, 05:18 PM   #1
kprsx
kprsx began at the beginning.

Device: none
How do I make it to epub from gif files.

I have zip to 120gif files that needs to make it to ebooks (epub). Im noob to this forum and haven't tried anything. From Calibre program, it says it cannot covert gif files to epub.
kprsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 05:20 PM   #2
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Try zipping the files, then changing the extension to .cbz or cbr (if you use Winrar). Then, Calibre can convert the .cbr or .cbz files into epub.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2011, 05:35 PM   #3
kprsx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinandgreek View Post
Try zipping the files, then changing the extension to .cbz or cbr (if you use Winrar). Then, Calibre can convert the .cbr or .cbz files into epub.
Im on macbook. Is there anything other than winrar? thank you
Old 01-18-2011, 05:39 PM   #4
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Try this:

http://www.apple.com/pro/tips/zip.html

and then change the extension name to .cbz (back it up first, just in case).
Old 01-18-2011, 06:07 PM   #5
kprsx

yea it did not work.
Advert
Old 01-22-2011, 03:32 PM   #6
kprsx

bump for more answers~ Thank you
Old 01-22-2011, 04:45 PM   #7
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
I don't believe .gif is a supported image format...
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 05:58 PM   #8
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess

Try converting .gif to .jpg and then follow the instructions that I gave you before. I found a few .gif to .jpg converter online, but I haven't tried it out. Here is the link:

http://images.my-addr.com/converter_...eware_tool.php

I have made epubs from jpegs using the method that I mentioned in post #2, so this should work.
Old 01-22-2011, 08:49 PM   #9
ab7vf
Enthusiast
ab7vf has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ab7vf has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ab7vf has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: dxg and newfound Icarus 8
google 'sam2p' .. it does image to pdf .. for sure on linux maybe on mac

Jim
ab7vf is offline   Reply With Quote