Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 11-06-2010, 09:07 AM   #1
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Content Server - Books only?

I was talking to my Mom via phone as she browsed my Calibre content server from far far away. I happened to mention that there were some short mp3 audio snippets on History that my wife and I found fascinating. Thinking quickly, I compressed them up, dropped them into Calibre as a rar file and suggested she grab them. Calibre refused to send them. I tried to access the content server locally, and it also refused to send me the files. I also tried in zip format. There were 10 mp3s compressed into each.

Is there something in the content server that checks to see if the content of the zip or rar is a book and otherwise refuses to send it?

Adding the mp3s as individual mp3s worked as expected, and she could get them one-by-one.

Thanks for any info or comments!
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 11:44 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
When you say "refused to send them" what exactly do you mean?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2010, 02:38 PM   #3
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
When you say "refused to send them" what exactly do you mean?
Sorry, I mean that no file was received. (I seem to have inadvertently posted in the recipe forum - thanks for responding anyway.)

Using Firefox, the ZIP and RAR files can be seen when Details are chosen. Using Save Link As from a right click on the RAR format, the FF Download says that a 0 byte file was received, but there's nothing in the download folder. Doing the same thing with a RAR of a PDF or a TXT format, and Calibre sends a RAR file that opens to see one or more PDFs/TXTs.
---------------------------------------------
Thread moved....................................
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...90#post1202090
----------------------------------------------

Last edited by Starson17; 11-06-2010 at 03:02 PM.
Old 11-06-2010, 03:42 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
that's weird, I don't know of any code that would cause that. If you feel like investigating, the relevant function is get_format in calibre.library.server.content
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 07:35 PM   #5
Starson17
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
that's weird, I don't know of any code that would cause that. If you feel like investigating, the relevant function is get_format in calibre.library.server.content
Thanks for the pointer to the relevant code. I may take a look, just because I'm interested. It's an extreme edge case, but if I find anything, I'll post a note on it.
Advert