Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-12-2015, 10:18 AM   #226
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Four more covers with genre images.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Children.jpg
Views:	986
Size:	321.9 KB
ID:	143666   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fantasy.jpg
Views:	852
Size:	310.7 KB
ID:	143667   Click image for larger version

Name:	Folklore.jpg
Views:	813
Size:	326.0 KB
ID:	143668   Click image for larger version

Name:	Romance.jpg
Views:	854
Size:	306.7 KB
ID:	143669  
Attached Files
File Type: zip 4 covers 2.zip (1.24 MB, 843 views)
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 10:47 AM   #227
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
An alternate Pulp or Mystery cover.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Pulp 2.jpg
Views:	863
Size:	415.7 KB
ID:	143672  
Attached Files
File Type: zip Pulp 2.zip (415.8 KB, 803 views)
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2015, 12:42 AM   #228
PandathePanda
a toy panda
PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Android dvices
This is for those who "collect" these two magazines from Gutenberg. They are:
  • Harper's Round Table
  • Harper's Young People

I got bored with the idea of adding a new cover for each release of this "weekly" magazines, and made these:

PS: Note these are for the 1881 Edition (Young People) & 1895 edition (Round table) Will Update when the 1882/1896 edition become available
Attached Files
File Type: zip Harpers.zip (727.8 KB, 644 views)
PandathePanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 10:36 AM   #229
MiniMouse
Groupie
MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Well, there will always be a big time delay because I'm not living in the US! And there could be some communication difficulties too because I'm not a native speaker!
Device: Sony PRS-T3S
crich70 and PandathePanda thanks for sharing your work

Mini

P.S. And for all who are new to this thread or loosing the overview, look for links to all covers, textures, tutorials, zips for the Generate Cover Plugin etc. in the first post!
MiniMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 12:29 AM   #230
thecookiemommma
Enthusiast
thecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the rough

Device: ZTE Grand Max + / HP Slate 7 HD
A few of mine

I got the idea from you all and made a few of my own. I am using some of the ones from here, but for some of my bigger fandoms in calibre, I needed something special, so here is what I made. Here's the first bunch. If you want the zip for all of them, let me know.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Basic-Brown-Book.jpg
Views:	1047
Size:	128.9 KB
ID:	145078   Click image for larger version

Name:	NCIS book cover.jpg
Views:	996
Size:	568.7 KB
ID:	145079   Click image for larger version

Name:	HP-book-cover.jpg
Views:	976
Size:	155.1 KB
ID:	145080   Click image for larger version

Name:	NCIS-Brown-Cover.jpg
Views:	953
Size:	133.9 KB
ID:	145081   Click image for larger version

Name:	Marvel overs.jpg
Views:	1032
Size:	964.5 KB
ID:	145082  
thecookiemommma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2016, 10:56 AM   #231
MiniMouse
Groupie
MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Well, there will always be a big time delay because I'm not living in the US! And there could be some communication difficulties too because I'm not a native speaker!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecookiemommma View Post
I got the idea from you all and made a few of my own. I am using some of the ones from here, but for some of my bigger fandoms in calibre, I needed something special, so here is what I made. Here's the first bunch. If you want the zip for all of them, let me know.
Thanks thecookiemommma for sharing you work.
I'm a big reader of fanfiction myself (read a lot of NCIS).

I like your work and I'm always happy when people load them up here for others to use. Your zips would be very appreciated and welcomed too

Mini

And before I forget: Happy New Year to you all
Old 01-07-2016, 10:57 PM   #232
thecookiemommma
Enthusiast
thecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the rough

Device: ZTE Grand Max + / HP Slate 7 HD
Awesome. Here are a few more, then I'll add the zip in the next post. I'm especially proud of of the Doctor Who and Magnificent Seven ones.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Mag 7 Cover.jpg
Views:	1155
Size:	413.3 KB
ID:	145361   Click image for larger version

Name:	Stargate.jpg
Views:	1169
Size:	778.6 KB
ID:	145362   Click image for larger version

Name:	Doctor Who Cover.jpg
Views:	1173
Size:	562.7 KB
ID:	145363  

Last edited by thecookiemommma; 01-07-2016 at 11:01 PM.
thecookiemommma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 04:44 AM   #233
MiniMouse
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecookiemommma View Post
Awesome. Here are a few more, then I'll add the zip in the next post. I'm especially proud of of the Doctor Who and Magnificent Seven ones.
Mmmmh, interesting. My favorit would be the Stargate cover. I like that very much.

Could be though that I read a lot of Stargate and haven't read anything of the others.

Mini
Old 01-31-2016, 07:52 PM   #234
KayLee
Zealot
KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST & iPad Air2
Anybody here know of any book cover layout programs that are free? I downloaded a few like Canva but they all cost money not what I'm looking for.
KayLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 12:47 AM   #235
dickloraine
Guru
dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 350, Kobo Aura
There are many programs to edit pictures. All of them are usable to make a cover. If you want something really powerfull and free, then there is gimp. It can most of what photoshop can do. But it is not that easy to use.
dickloraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 02:56 AM   #236
MiniMouse
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayLee View Post
Anybody here know of any book cover layout programs that are free? I downloaded a few like Canva but they all cost money not what I'm looking for.
I don't know if there is a program to create explicitly book covers but when you are looking for a simple graphic program you can use pixlr (free online program). It has not so many functions as photoshop or gimp but I think that is what it makes it an easy program to use even when you don't have much experience with a graphic program. You can find it here.

You can also look in the first post of this thread, there are links to tutorials for gimp from Katsunami and for pixlr from me. Maybe that will help too.

Mini
Old 02-01-2016, 12:32 PM   #237
KayLee
Zealot
KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniMouse View Post
I don't know if there is a program to create explicitly book covers but when you are looking for a simple graphic program you can use pixlr (free online program). It has not so many functions as photoshop or gimp but I think that is what it makes it an easy program to use even when you don't have much experience with a graphic program. You can find it here.

You can also look in the first post of this thread, there are links to tutorials for gimp from Katsunami and for pixlr from me. Maybe that will help too.

Mini
Yeah I use gimp to make most of my fan-fic covers and I was using this template but now that I have to re-cover all of my fanfic with bigger covers for my iPad I want to differentiate my covers a bit more and give different fandoms different designs. I just noticed that if you get rid of the images on canva you can download the covers without having to pay so that's .

Anybody know if Generate Cover Plugin is still being updated If it had drag and drop for custom text and more colors it'd be perfect, as it is now it's really limited.

Thanks
Old 02-01-2016, 06:19 PM   #238
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayLee View Post
Anybody know if Generate Cover Plugin is still being updated If it had drag and drop for custom text and more colors it'd be perfect, as it is now it's really limited.
The developer of Generate Cover is not around much and hasn't been working on his plugins. But, he is happy to accept fixes and enhancements others make. A few people have been fixing problems when they are reported. Enhancements rely on someone who is interested in adding the function doing it. That usually means that the person who wants the enhancement, codes it.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 10:32 PM   #239
KayLee
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
The developer of Generate Cover is not around much and hasn't been working on his plugins. But, he is happy to accept fixes and enhancements others make. A few people have been fixing problems when they are reported. Enhancements rely on someone who is interested in adding the function doing it. That usually means that the person who wants the enhancement, codes it.
Wish I knew how to code thanks for letting me know about the coding
Old 09-17-2016, 04:33 PM   #240
Simon Reign
Simon Reign began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone/iPod/iPad
Do you have ...

Do you by chance have a copy of your Leather Cover 10.zip, blank, without the photo in the center? It's the best cover I have seen.

Cheers,
Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniMouse View Post
Some new covers, for you

This time I integrated some pictures I took in holidays. Don't know if anyone is interested in something like this, I'm especially proud of the sand castle cover though... and the stairs when I think about it.

Let me know what you think. Replies, questions and wishes are always welcome.

MiniMouse

Again, all covers are my own creation!
Simon Reign is offline   Reply With Quote