Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-06-2013, 05:49 PM   #736
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
@NiLuJe-

(0.12?!.....crap!)

(& python too I see, )

Last edited by GoSharks; 09-06-2013 at 06:03 PM.
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 12:53 AM   #737
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Shipping choices on my sales ad for the repaired Kindles:
  • Standard, 7 to 14 days, no extra charge
  • Express, 2 to 5 days, while firmware installed is still current, +$$
  • Overnight, with still current firmware and a charge on battery, +$$$
  • Yesterday, .....

Last edited by knc1; 09-07-2013 at 12:56 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-11-2013, 08:15 AM   #738
srm
srm began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Hello,

I enable cover mode with Kindle Launcher.
I restart my kindle without usb connected.
I open a book, i waiting 2mn.
I push power button of my Kindle and i see : "...but hasn't yet successfully processed a book cover "

I enabled lowMem and verbose mode, and still the same problem.
srm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 11:26 AM   #739
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@srm: If you enabled verbose mode, it should have complained that it couldn't load the cover on the bottom of your screen.

Try with another book/format with a proper cover in its metadata.

(Also, you can disable the lowmem mode, it's really not needed anymore).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 11:49 AM   #740
srm

I have no such error.
And already tried with other books.

(Merci pour ton travail en tout cas)

Well finaly i found a book that work.
Advert
Old 09-11-2013, 11:54 AM   #741
srm

The meta seems correct :
Spoiler:

But this book don't have cover shown.

HUGE image put in spoiler. Please abide to the maximum size (600x600px) when inlining images, as described in the Posting Guidelines! --ixtab

Last edited by ixtab; 09-11-2013 at 12:12 PM.
Old 09-11-2013, 12:32 PM   #742
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@srm: If you sent it via Calibre, then, yes, the metadata should be okay (unless you have weird metadata handling settings in Calibre).

I was gonna ask if you were trying this with PDF files, but the screenshot answers that, so, next question .

Is the date/time on your device set correctly?

Last edited by NiLuJe; 09-11-2013 at 12:36 PM.
Old 09-11-2013, 12:38 PM   #743
TheMongoose
TheMongoose began at the beginning.

Hello, I somewhat recently performed your jailbreak so I could use custom screensavers, but for some reason, they only seem to display until I let the Kindle put itself to sleep due to inactivity. If I manually sleep it when done reading, the screensavers will display as expected, but the first time I let it time out and go to sleep on its own, they will stop displaying, even if I manually sleep it. Does anyone have any idea why this would be? I've searched the forum but can't find a solution. I'm running linkss version 0.11.N, and python version 0.5.N, if that helps.
TheMongoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 12:43 PM   #744
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@TheMongoose: What do you mean by 'stop displaying'? What's shown on your screen, then?
Old 09-11-2013, 12:44 PM   #745
TheMongoose

Whoops, I suppose I should have specified. Instead of the screensavers, it will just show the text of the book I am reading, as though the backlight is the only thing being turned off. I can get it to start displaying screensavers again by performing a manual restart by holding the power button for 20 seconds, but then as soon as I let it go to sleep on its own I'm back where I started.
Old 09-11-2013, 12:53 PM   #746
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@TheMongoose: Ha!

My best guess is one of your custom images isn't in the right format, and the framework chokes on it, which in turns breaks everything until a full reboot.

Check your images one by one, make sure they're in the proper resolution and in the proper format (8bit PNG).
Old 09-11-2013, 01:16 PM   #747
TheMongoose

Heh, you caught me with one image accidentally set to 768 instead of 758, but it doesn't seem to have done the trick. I fixed it and let it time out again after rebooting it, and it's up to it's old tricks again. How does one tell if it's 8bit? I only know that they need to be 758x1024 pngs.
Old 09-11-2013, 01:20 PM   #748
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@TheMongoose: Any decent image processing tool should tell you .

Alternatively, given the fact that they're shown in alphabetical order, you can also try to ID the broken file by flicking the power switch repeatedly until it stops working, the image that should have been shown will be the next (alphabetically) after the last one shown correctly.
Old 09-11-2013, 01:28 PM   #749
srm

sorry ixtab.

I don't use Calibre, I buy and sync my book directly from Amazon.
I used Calibre only to check metadata.

My time is correct, I dunno how to set/check the date.
Old 09-11-2013, 01:32 PM   #750
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@srm: Oh, okay. Then, yeah, my best guess would be wonky metadata.

To be sure, if you could PM me one of the 'broken' books (DRM or not, it's not an issue here), that'd help . A log dump would also be helpful (type ;dm in the Home page's search bar, and send me the all_*_logs.txt files that'll pop up in your documents folder).

That should help pinpoint the issue .

Tags
kindle touch hacks, paperwhite, python, screensavers, touch