Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 09-18-2012, 10:17 PM   #31
david_e
Seriously?
david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini, iWhatever
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulsalter View Post
Any idea what time tomorrow, is it 10am pacific same as most Apple things
OS updates usually are a middle of the night / early morning thing, at least they have been in the past (I'm in Pacific time zone).
david_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 10:27 PM   #32
david_e
Seriously?
david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini, iWhatever
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
I'm going to wait and see what people think of it on the iPad 3. I don't want to wind up with a slower processing speed or a quicker battery drain. I've got no reason to expect either of those will occur, but I'm not taking any chances.

The battery drain is already way faster than Apple or the fanboys will admit to, not that I give a crap what either say or believe. I only know that I've never owned any iOS device that didn't drain the battery way faster than it was supposed to, and that includes iPt1, 2, and 4, as well as iPad 1 and 3.

Oh, and one more thing.... I like Google Maps but I'm not sure I will like the Apple app they replaced it with.
Did you return them for a replacement or service?

I've got an iPad that's a year old, use it all day, every day, and I'm still getting at least 10 hours per charge. It does drain a bit faster if I watch Netflix or a similar video app but that's the only time I've ever noticed it.
david_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-19-2012, 01:02 AM   #33
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by holymadness View Post
Good luck getting any kind of retraction from tubemonkey.

Google confirmed weeks ago at their developer conference that they would be bringing their own Maps app to iOS.
My statement has nothing to do with anything tubemonkey wrote. I saw on Apple's website they will be using their own Maps app.
Old 09-19-2012, 01:23 AM   #34
injapan
Addict
injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11, Kobo Arua 2 and iPad Air 3
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
I'm going to wait and see what people think of it on the iPad 3. I don't want to wind up with a slower processing speed or a quicker battery drain. I've got no reason to expect either of those will occur, but I'm not taking any chances.
Quote:
The battery drain is already way faster than Apple or the fanboys will admit to, not that I give a crap what either say or believe. I only know that I've never owned any iOS device that didn't drain the battery way faster than it was supposed to, and that includes iPt1, 2, and 4, as well as iPad 1 and 3.
Yes, I am with you on that. My ipads battery goes down pretty quickly, but its not a big problem. Just wish they would be more acurate with their details
injapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:54 AM   #35
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
iOS 6 not showing up yet for me.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-19-2012, 07:00 AM   #36
greenyouth
Zealot
greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Does it mean that iOS6 is not that good enough?
greenyouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 07:03 AM   #37
greenyouth
Zealot
greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That's mean iOS6 is not that good enough?
Old 09-19-2012, 07:27 AM   #38
David Munch
Scholar
David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O + iPad Air 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenyouth View Post
That's mean iOS6 is not that good enough?
Huh?

Early reports say that the vector based maps in the Apple version is much better than the Google ones, but that the new satellite photos are crap.
David Munch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 07:35 AM   #39
greenyouth
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Munch View Post
Huh?

Early reports say that the vector based maps in the Apple version is much better than the Google ones, but that the new satellite photos are crap.
But i have read on some earlier thread that there is something wrong with the iOS6... though thanks for the clarifications
Old 09-19-2012, 07:37 AM   #40
greenyouth
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
iOS 6 not showing up yet for me.

same here!
Old 09-19-2012, 07:47 AM   #41
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

My iPod is only used for audio (net radio, audiobooks, podcasts, etc) and works great with iOS 5. So far, I've seen no compelling reason to upgrade.
Old 09-19-2012, 08:14 AM   #42
greenyouth
Zealot

well, upgrading doesn't always do good...
Old 09-19-2012, 09:47 AM   #43
jswinden
Nameless Being

I wonder if the upgrade DL will take forever like the iOS upgrade did? It took a few hours to DL with high speed 20Mbips connection. Was slow on Apple's end. Another good reason to wait! Let all the mindless fanboys get it the first day and after a few days the servers will be faster to deliver it.
Old 09-19-2012, 09:52 AM   #44
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by david_e View Post
Did you return them for a replacement or service?

I've got an iPad that's a year old, use it all day, every day, and I'm still getting at least 10 hours per charge. It does drain a bit faster if I watch Netflix or a similar video app but that's the only time I've ever noticed it.
Why waste my time when all 5 devices have had the same issue? The issue is not a BAD battery, the issue is Apple lies about battery charge longevity. With the iPad 3 it is no big deal as I use it mostly at home where I can easily plug it in. I rarely watch videos--mostly read books and surf the internet a bit and the screen brightness is always fairly low. Same with iPt4.
Old 09-19-2012, 11:45 AM   #45
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

We might have a launch time -- 10 AM San Francisco / 6 PM London

Apple's iOS 6 set for 10 a.m. PT launch, leaked image claims