Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-12-2012, 04:53 AM   #16
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Just installed the update. All went smoothly, and the "biggie" for me personally is that my US-bought KT can now access the Amazon UK Kindle Store, which it previously couldn't. Definitely a worthwhile upgrade.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 05:02 AM   #17
Talldog
Addict
Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, KDX Graphite, Surface Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucfgrad93 View Post
That is disappointing. Like Talldog I like having the title always showing.
Yeah, I noticed later that it disappears.
Talldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-12-2012, 05:04 AM   #18
Talldog
Addict
Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, KDX Graphite, Surface Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbovenka View Post
That's odd. Mine does (firmware 2.5.8). It does go back to 'auto' mode after a restart, but how often do you need to do that?
I rarely restart my DX, but it goes back to auto on its own.
Talldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 05:38 AM   #19
veezh
plus ça change
veezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kindle PW2, Voyage
I, for one, am happy about having the 24-hour clock, which was activated when I switched the device language to UK English.
veezh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 06:06 AM   #20
trapperjohn
trapperjohn began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Hi, been reading this forum for a while and finally decided to register... ;-)

I just installed 5.1.0 on my KT and was really surprised that they also introduced Wikipedia search when marking words! Finally!
trapperjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-12-2012, 06:07 AM   #21
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by veezh View Post
I, for one, am happy about having the 24-hour clock, which was activated when I switched the device language to UK English.
Thanks for pointing that out - I hadn't noticed the new language settings!
Old 04-12-2012, 06:31 AM   #22
tanteoma
Enthusiast
tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I wish there were a way to return to the old system. I don't like the new improvements. There is something old-fashioned & charming about the old fonts in collection and title page, now it's gone all computery with arial (??).

Last edited by tanteoma; 04-12-2012 at 07:08 AM.
tanteoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 06:52 AM   #23
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
some screenshots with KF8 sample are here
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 07:05 AM   #24
tanteoma
Enthusiast
tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Wow, thomass, your kindle looks so beautiful!
tanteoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 08:31 AM   #25
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Bought the Kindle 3G Touch. The landscape (a missing feature in my opinion) sold me. I guess is time to sell my Kindle 3G Keyboard.

Besides the landscape feature, I think the support to other languages different than English, makes this device a really good value.

The Kindle was already an International ereader but with this upgrade, it will solidify that position even more. It is a more complete device now, more refined.

Last edited by jocampo; 04-12-2012 at 08:36 AM.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:33 AM   #26
apastuszak
Evangelist
apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, nook Glowlight Plus, Apple iPad Air 2
I guess that seals the deal. No KF8 support for the Kindle Keyboard. When they introduce a Kindle touch with physical page turn buttons, it may be time to upgrade...
apastuszak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:39 AM   #27
sparrowlight
Zealot
sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Touch as backup
Yeah .... this update was not a pleasant one. I posted this in the developer's corner but now my power button is unresponsive. Very frustrating!
sparrowlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:44 AM   #28
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparrowlight View Post
Yeah .... this update was not a pleasant one. I posted this in the developer's corner but now my power button is unresponsive. Very frustrating!
try to uninstall screensaver hack if any. (solved this problem for so)
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:46 AM   #29
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by apastuszak View Post
I guess that seals the deal. No KF8 support for the Kindle Keyboard.
I don't expect to see one, but do bear in mind that they haven't yet released a firmware upgrade for the Kindle NT either, and we ARE expecting KF8 support for that.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:48 AM   #30
sparrowlight
Zealot
sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Touch as backup
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
try to uninstall screensaver hack if any. (solved this problem for so)
Not sure if the hack is even still running as I don't have a screensaver folder when I connect my Kindle to my computer now. Looks like the update killed my jailbreak AND the hack.
sparrowlight is offline   Reply With Quote