Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-20-2024, 08:25 PM   #1
mmobes
mmobes began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Is there a way to "push" a book to a Kobo reader wirelessly?

My wife and I both have Kobo readers. I have a Libra 2 and she has the Clara2E. I handle all the libraries for both of us, meaning she tells me what books she wants, I get it and add it to the Calibre library, and then add it to her device.

I'm wondering if there is a way to do this wirelessly? I know there are ways to access the calibre library from the Kobo device wirelessly, but that requires her to go in and get the book herself. I want to be able to send it to her device without any interaction from her at all. She just turns the device on and her new books are there.

Is this possible?
mmobes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2024, 08:43 PM   #2
Gone
Out of order
Gone has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gone has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gone has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gone has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gone has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gone has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gone has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gone has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gone has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gone has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gone has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Libra Colour
I have all my Calibre library synch to the cloud (Mega.) My wife has my Mega account on her computer session too. From there, she can browse my library in her Calibre, and choose which books she wants and transfer them on her Kobo. We can add books to our shared library.
Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-20-2024, 10:00 PM   #3
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
https://send.djazz.se/
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2024, 10:08 PM   #4
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentPartner View Post
I have all my Calibre library synch to the cloud (Mega.) My wife has my Mega account on her computer session too. From there, she can browse my library in her Calibre, and choose which books she wants and transfer them on her Kobo. We can add books to our shared library.
Accessing the same calibre library from different devices (even worse - at the same time) without any precautions (like stopping syncing while Calibre is open) will eventually corrupt your library database. There's a reason it is not recommended in the calibre FAQ. If you don't run the library check (including the part that checks if the files match the database information) regularly, you may not notice any irregularities for a long time.
Old 05-20-2024, 10:35 PM   #5
Gone
Out of order
Gone has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gone has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gone has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gone has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gone has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gone has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gone has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gone has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gone has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gone has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gone has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Libra Colour
My Calibre library was often corrupt way before I shared it. It's a one click action to correct it.
Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-20-2024, 11:10 PM   #6
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentPartner View Post
My Calibre library was often corrupt way before I shared it. It's a one click action to correct it.
Which one click action are you referring to? The common symptom of a corrupted library is files not matching the database information, and that's not fixable by a single click.
Old 05-21-2024, 09:03 AM   #7
Tommalka
Enthusiast
Tommalka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tommalka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tommalka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tommalka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tommalka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tommalka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tommalka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tommalka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tommalka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tommalka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tommalka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
https://github.com/tylpk1216/kobofileserver
Tommalka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2024, 04:58 PM   #8
Frogm4n
Zealot
Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmobes View Post
I'm wondering if there is a way to do this wirelessly? I know there are ways to access the calibre library from the Kobo device wirelessly, but that requires her to go in and get the book herself. I want to be able to send it to her device without any interaction from her at all. She just turns the device on and her new books are there.
EDIT: Fixed quote tags.

I've got Dropbox set up on my Glo HD. I copy the file(s) I want to the sync folder. Then, a regular sync in the Kobo top menu brings in that there are new files in the sync folder, and I have to open the Dropbox NickleMenu item (as my Glo HD doesn't officially support it) and download the file. But, that's three taps to do and very quick: Tap NickelMenu, Tap Dropbox, see the new ebook with a down arrow next to it, and tap that.

Last edited by Frogm4n; 05-23-2024 at 12:02 PM.
Frogm4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2024, 05:34 PM   #9
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
One acquaintance was using Kobo-UNCaGED to wireless sync their Kobo Sage with calibre. I'm not sure if software will need an update to work with the new Kobo devices but since the Libra 2 and Sage did need updates, entirely likely.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2024, 05:57 PM   #10
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
My experience was that uncaged did not work on the new devices. The issue was that a library of used did not (at the time) recognize the new devices. Since then the library was updated but I'm not sure it a new version of uncaged was released

Sent from my Pixel 7a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2024, 06:09 PM   #11
Aleron Ives
Wizard
Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Which folder do books downloaded from Dropbox get stored in on the Kobo side?
Aleron Ives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2024, 12:08 PM   #12
Frogm4n
Zealot
Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
They end up in .kobo/dropbox on the device after downloading. I can navigate to that and read them with KOReader, too, once I activated the Show hidden files box in the Filecabinet -> Settings menu.
Frogm4n is offline   Reply With Quote