Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Flea Market

Notices

Old 09-16-2010, 11:16 PM   #1
jgray
Fanatic
jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara 2E & Sage
Toshiba Laptop

Ok, from all the videos, pictures and comments, it looks like I'm going to want a Sony PRS-650 soon. To make that happen, I'm going to have to sell something. So, here it is.

Toshiba Portege R100.

This is a light, super-thin laptop. Weighs only 2.4 pounds and is 0.65" thin. Magnesium alloy frame makes it tough. Lighter than most Netbooks, but has a full-size keyboard and a large 12 inch screen. This thing runs Windows XP very snappily. The performance is quite good.

Just a month ago, I bought a BRAND NEW extended battery for this. The extended battery raises the rear of the laptop slightly, which makes for a better typing angle. With both batteries, I easily get 5-6 hours of average use with WiFi turned on. With just the standard battery, I get about 1 hr, 45 min.

Intel Centrino Pentium-M ULV @ 1.0 GHz
Trident XP4m32 Graphics (faster than most similar ultra-portables)
12.1" LCD screen, 1024 x 768
1280MB DDR memory (upgraded from standard 256MB)
60GB hard drive (upgraded from standard 40GB drive)
WiFi B
Fast Ethernet
56K, V.92 modem
AC '97 stereo audio
Cardbus slot
SD flash card reader
Two USB 2.0 ports
External display (VGA) port
Headphone jack
Microphone jack

Windows XP Professional w/SP3
Open Office Suite (word processor, spreadsheet, etc.)
Firefox web browser (IE8 is also installed if you prefer it)
VLC media player
Foxit PDF reader
Microsoft Security Essentials

The hard drive was formatted and all software was freshly installed. All Windows updates and service packs were installed.

This ultra-thin and light laptop sold for $2000 new. Yours for $300. I'll include a portable USB CD/DVD burner for $40 extra.

I can post pictures later, if needed.

Joe
jgray is offline   Reply With Quote