Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-19-2014, 03:56 PM   #1
natey2k4
natey2k4 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony
Covers/Cases (with lights) for T2 and T3S.

Hi,

My girlfriend and I have just acquired a T2 and a T3. We're looking for cases.

I've found some with the reading light made for the T2 on Ebay for about $30 - does anyone know of anything else?

Hers is proving to be more of a problem as they have the official Sony case... which according to reviews for the T3 is just horrible.

Can we get cheap cases and add lights?

Very new to this.. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by natey2k4; 08-19-2014 at 05:06 PM.
natey2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 04:15 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
You could have a look at the following... http://www.geckocovers.com/sony-prs-...ing-light.html

JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-19-2014, 05:06 PM   #3
natey2k4
natey2k4 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony
Thanks for that link, unfortunately that won't work. Apparently she has the T3S (no included Sony cover).

Thanks for the link though.
natey2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 10:34 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Thanks for that link, unfortunately that won't work. Apparently she has the T3S (no included Sony cover).

Thanks for the link though.
Try this.

http://www.geckocovers.com/sony-prs-...ing-light.html

The T3s is the same size as the T3, So either cover will work.
Old 08-21-2014, 08:31 AM   #5
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Can we get cheap cases and add lights?
I can't speak for the T3, but for the T2, I use an M-Edge Go! jacket that made for a Kindle. It's nice, since the T2 is slightly thinner, it leaves room in the middle to insert the stylus. For a light I use an M-Edge E-Luminator. I find it works better to mount it on front cover when I've got it flipped back (like you'd put it in the pages of a book). The slot they provide works, but I find myself constantly bending the neck of the E-Luminator to adjust it back to the proper position. I don't have that problem when I use it on the flipped over front cover.

M-Edge Go! jackets on eBay are less than $5 (including shipping) on eBay. Be sure you get the one for Kindle 4, Kindle Touch, Kobo Touch and not the one for the Kindle 3. Several colors and textures.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...jacket&_sop=15

The M-Edge E-Luminator is also available for less than $5 (including shipping) on eBay. The come in white or black.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw...nator&_sacat=0

The T3 doesn't seem to have nearly the same number of choices.

You can also buy the original (OEM) Sony T1 case (which will fit the T2) for $7.75, which includes s/h.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sony-Leather...item2593118e2f
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-21-2014, 02:47 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
You can also buy the original (OEM) Sony T1 case (which will fit the T2) for $7.75, which includes s/h.
No good, no light.
Old 08-21-2014, 11:51 PM   #7
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
No good, no light.
I like the optional light. I want my case to sit flat when not in use, without a big light bulge on the back of it. I was specifically responding to the OP's question about cheap cases with add-on lights.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote