Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 12-31-2010, 12:54 AM   #1
dataangel
dataangel began at the beginning.

Device: none
Stylus + PDF support + Open note format

I've done a little browsing around but haven't found anything that quite fits my needs. Especially most sites for readers don't seem to talk about #4. Any ideas guys?

Needs/Wants:

1. I want to be able to take notes on it, preferably with a stylus rather than a keyboard. But I specifically like writing in the margins of books. If the stylus is only going to let me write over the text itself, that seems pretty useless, but that's what I've seen in demos on youtube so far (people crossing out text or underlining instead of trying to write anything next to it).

2. I'd like good support for PDFs. Reflow would be nice but isn't a strict requirement.

3. I like larger screens, but still want to be able to hold the thing one handed. So an ereader that is compact but makes good use of the space (notice the kindle 6" has lots of empty space between the screen and the edges/keyboard) is desirable.

4. If I take notes, I want to be able to access them later from other devices/programs. I don't want them locked up in some special format that nothing else can read so I'm forced into using the same ereader forever.
dataangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 10:25 AM   #2
kmo_9000
kmo_9000 began at the beginning.

Device: not sure yet
The only ereader that has a stylus and a touch screen is the Sony 650 and 350. However taking notes on an e-ink screen wont be the best experience because of how slow e-ink is.
kmo_9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-31-2010, 06:11 PM   #3
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
Onyx Boox 60

You can find more info here in its own forum on Mobile Read and also at booxusers.com
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote