Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 10-26-2009, 06:52 PM   #16
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobohodou View Post
I shall take the answer that I got from bookeen, due to people only having to offer a 28 day warranty on items in the UK =/

Anything after that is goodwill...So 1 year sounds good (also one years warranty from my work, but would prefer to return it to bookeen)
It is correct that EU does not have a law about how much warranty that needs to be offered, But notice that "warranty" or "guarantee" is a legal term with a specific meaning.

There is a consumer protection law in EU that protects the consumer for some years (looking at the net now I see two years mentioned as minimum but I think it is three at least in Sweden). If you got a faulty device the seller have to fix it and that holds for that time.

Never trust what a company tells you about these questions. They usually lies or tell you something that is strictly true but incomplete. Se for example:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2009...umer-guarantee
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bookeen, gen3, support