Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 05-24-2017, 05:20 AM   #1051
franzli
Addict
franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Onyx Boox T68 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by foror View Post
By icons - central icon with white background and contacts icon by default on android >=5 Also clock icon http://www.portal.xperiasite.pl/wp-c..._2-315x560.jpg
I see, I don't remember those details. Well spotted, thanks!
franzli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 07:15 AM   #1052
huseyinkoylu1
Enthusiast
huseyinkoylu1 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityhuseyinkoylu1 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityhuseyinkoylu1 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityhuseyinkoylu1 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityhuseyinkoylu1 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityhuseyinkoylu1 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityhuseyinkoylu1 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityhuseyinkoylu1 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityhuseyinkoylu1 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityhuseyinkoylu1 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityhuseyinkoylu1 has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: Onyx Boox N96 CML
İt is from an officer of Onyx Boox İnternational :

Me:Boox Monitor is same with Max Carta 2?

Officer: Yes, the Boox Monitor is our new products, and it is the next generation of Max Carta, but I do not know if it call Max Carta 2.
huseyinkoylu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 07:36 AM   #1053
Heawe
Heawe began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Boox Pocketbook Inkpad3
will there be an Android 6 update for the Boox Carta or only for the next generation with quad Core processor?
Heawe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 01:41 PM   #1054
franzli
Addict
franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Onyx Boox T68 Plus
The way they are struggling to being even android 4.4 to the older models, I'd be (positively) surprised if they managed to get them up to android 6. Multi window support might be great on the N96 and the Max, but I don't think it's likely, especially not if they keep their sources closed -even the Ives they would have to publish given they use gpl material, stopping anyone else to have a go at making further progress.
Since the max monitor well have a different cpu, the fact that it gets android 6 won't have to mean anything for the older devices running on the iMX 6 single core.
franzli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 01:33 AM   #1055
sdrawkcab945
sdrawkcab945 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by huseyinkoylu1 View Post
İt is from an officer of Onyx Boox İnternational :

Me:Boox Monitor is same with Max Carta 2?

Officer: Yes, the Boox Monitor is our new products, and it is the next generation of Max Carta, but I do not know if it call Max Carta 2.
This is what I've been suspecting, considering on the leaked DM on the right it says it included both touch and stylus, which would make the monitor extremely similar in function to rumors surrounding "Carta 2". I'll still have my reserves until they start releasing some official info though. Thanks for the update!
sdrawkcab945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 01:48 AM   #1056
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdrawkcab945 View Post
Wait you can actually watch videos on Max Carta?
Yes, not only you can watch videos on the MaxCarta: proficiently so, too. (Note: of course in A2 mode). I installed VLC, but I believe there is also a native video player already there.

Of course, there are caveats and compromises.
First of all, the video I mentioned are classroom university lessons with full direction (long shot on the stage, close up on the professor, angles involving the students, the blackboards, the computer screen, different zooms and panning). You can follow the lesson, you can read the blackboard. That is not Jason Bourne "the cameraman is having seizures" style. I am not sure about Michael Mann and Sergio Leone - I have not even tried, that would be inconsistent purpose and medium. I checked several "artistic" videos, but mostly for testing purposes (e.g. VNC vs direct rendering etc.)

Last edited by mdp; 05-26-2017 at 02:10 AM.
mdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 01:55 AM   #1057
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
The only note writing demonstration I've seen is the one where they switch between tabs of PDFs (one is the document, the other a blank note page).

Can you hold the device horizontally and and view two pages at the same time (like an actual opened book)? Cause then you should be technically able to just have the document on the left and insert a blank PDF as the right hand page and take notes like that? Just a thought.
I believe you could do that with ezPDF Reader. Surely you can have "double page with horizontal scrolling" mode (pls also check the video I posted). And surely you can edit the pdf from the application (you should also be able to add pages, but I do not remember).
Old 05-26-2017, 02:30 AM   #1058
sdrawkcab945
sdrawkcab945 began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdp View Post
That is not Jason Bourne "the cameraman is having seizures" style. I am not sure about Michael Mann and Sergio Leone - I have not even tried, that would be inconsistent purpose and medium.
This is a weirdly awesome description. One I don't fully get, but I get your point lol. Thanks!
sdrawkcab945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 11:51 AM   #1059
mdp
Wizard

Quote:
you can actually
I forgot: it also has a loudspeaker... Handy!
Old 05-27-2017, 10:05 AM   #1060
tracey1
Addict
tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdp View Post
Yes, not only you can watch videos on the MaxCarta: proficiently so, too. (Note: of course in A2 mode). I installed VLC, but I believe there is also a native video player already there.

Of course, there are caveats and compromises.
First of all, the video I mentioned are classroom university lessons with full direction (long shot on the stage, close up on the professor, angles involving the students, the blackboards, the computer screen, different zooms and panning). You can follow the lesson, you can read the blackboard. That is not Jason Bourne "the cameraman is having seizures" style. I am not sure about Michael Mann and Sergio Leone - I have not even tried, that would be inconsistent purpose and medium. I checked several "artistic" videos, but mostly for testing purposes (e.g. VNC vs direct rendering etc.)
Thats really nice to hear. What about movies or lets say youtube videos ?
tracey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 09:39 AM   #1061
deb2016
Enthusiast
deb2016 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!deb2016 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!deb2016 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!deb2016 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!deb2016 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!deb2016 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!deb2016 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!deb2016 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!deb2016 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!deb2016 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!deb2016 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Onyx Boox Max2 pro
Hi,

I would like to upgrade my onyx boox max to android 4.4.

I read on ereaderstore that one must go through MFGtools2 to do so.

Are there really no other option ? I am thinking of using adb software from linux. The process is quite the same, one must put the onyx boox max in download mode, connect it with a linux PC computer and then, in a linux terminal, you can push the android release with adb command line tool.

However, I do not know how far it will work. Has anybody ever tried ? My fear is that the upgrade file be in a specific format that only MFGTools2 can understand ...

Overall, is it a good idea to upgrade to 4.4 ? I am thinking especially of the scribble note app. It would not be worth upgrading if this one is not as functional as on 4.04.

Thanks for your attention

Regards
deb2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 10:21 AM   #1062
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Do you have specific apps that you want to run that require Android 4.4? If not, I'd honestly stick with 4.0: the security changes introduced with 4.4 are (IMHO) a real pain that make the system much less usable.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 02:22 PM   #1063
ghostwheel
Zealot
ghostwheel has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: DBoox Max,Galaxy note 10.1 & 3,LE1700 tablet,sony PRS-500,iRex DR1000S
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Do you have specific apps that you want to run that require Android 4.4? If not, I'd honestly stick with 4.0: the security changes introduced with 4.4 are (IMHO) a real pain that make the system much less usable.
Which version of kindle works with 4.4?
ghostwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 02:39 PM   #1064
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostwheel View Post
Which version of kindle works with 4.4?
The latest version of Kindle for Android work with Android 4.4.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 06:49 PM   #1065
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I believe that if you want to run Microsoft's Office apps you have to have at least 4.4 installed. If I were to get a large device like that I would want it to run at least OneDrive and Word with support for a Bluetooth keyboard.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote