Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 02-26-2006, 01:53 PM   #1
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Hands-on review of the Iliad e-book reader!

There is now a hands on review of the Iliad e-book reader that we are so curious and excited about.

The author mentions that "iRex is keen to offer its content to readers through its own portal service. The idea is that you’ll be able to subscribe and then get downloads automatically, for example the daily newspaper sent in time for the morning commute via you broadband connection." Because it's device specific, the subscription plans were not of interest to the author, but I think it has a place. A lot of people are happy with daily Audible subscription news shows like New York Times or Wall Street Journal. I think that content aimed as single use is perfect for this sort of thing. And (ignoring the cost for a moment) I'd be much happier reading the daily newspaper on an Iliad than on real newspaper newsprint.

via TeleRead
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 06:11 PM   #2
Henrycat
Zealot
Henrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Voyage
Finally a hands on review (but no pictures!)

I just hope i'll get the chance to use one when their representative comes to Portugal :P
Henrycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 02:58 AM   #3
Jaapjan
Avid reader
Jaapjan doesn't litterJaapjan doesn't litter

Device: HTC Touch Diamond, iLiad Book Edition
I still cannot help but wonder, after reading the handson preview, if the Sony Reader isn't more suited to what I need for reading. I spoke of my preference for the Sony Reader before. Simply said though, I do not need to draw on the screen with a stylus and as nice as sixteen colors of grey are...four are enough for me. Then there is the size. Experiences from my REB1100 tell me that that screensize is just fine, and the Sony Reader ought to be comparable.

I think a lot depends however on Sony indeed allowing home content on the device, something which remains unclear to this date.
Jaapjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 06:58 AM   #4
ultim8fury
Addict
ultim8fury has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ultim8fury has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ultim8fury has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ultim8fury has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS500, Looking at 700
I heartliy agree with Jaapjan. As long as I can get content from my mac to the sony reader I'm interested in it. If not I'll get the iliad which I feel may be slightly feature bloated for my needs.
ultim8fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 07:59 AM   #5
Henrycat
Zealot
Henrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Voyage
Well i also want to read manga/comics on the device, and unfortunally 6 inchs is too small for that (usually)
Henrycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 08:52 AM   #6
Laurens
Jah Blessed
Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.

Device: iPod Touch
The article doesn't contain any new info. Not really a review.
Laurens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 12:08 PM   #7
rmeister0
Addict
rmeister0 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rmeister0 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rmeister0 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

I'm not sure why that article is called a "review"...it seemed rather superficial to me.

What I want to know is how does it function in daily use, and how hard or easy is it to get content onto the device?
rmeister0 is offline   Reply With Quote