Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-04-2007, 12:50 PM   #1
Antartica
Evangelist
Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: quaderno, remarkable2, yotaphone2, prs950, iliad, onhandpc, newton
Hacking the Xfbdev: what are your intentions? Here are mines...

I see that hudson and harker are testing to hack the Xfbdev. What are your intentions?

I'm studying the sources right now and want to try some additions first in the PC, and then port to the iliad (when it becames flashable).

I have in mind adding two extensions to KDrive:

1. EINK-REFRESH: A per-client struct that holds the last time (gettimeofday) a drawing command has been received from that client, the last time it has been refreshed, a flag set by default to auto-refresh(0) but settable by the client to freeze(1), another variable for the preference of the client for full(0) or typing(1) in auto-refresh, and a couple of functions to force a refresh of a part of the screen (usefull when in freeze(1)).

2. KEYBOARD-BAR: reserve the last lines of the screen for a status line in the spirit of the one in the Sony Reader, some functions to put icons on a per-client fashion (and when that client disconnects, remove the icons) and text (such as the "Page 12 of 600" or a help of the uses of the bottom buttons "First|Prev|Next|Last"). Adittionally, if some gesture is done in the bar (for example, left-to-right sweep), put an overlay keyboard (as is done in the fbvnc of http://pocketworkstation.org/ ).

What do you think about it? What is what you propose? Any better ideas?

Last edited by Antartica; 05-04-2007 at 12:52 PM. Reason: minor corrections
Antartica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 01:12 PM   #2
jharker
Developer
jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: iRex iLiad v1, Blackberry Tour, Kindle DX, iPad.
Well, at the moment I'm trying to implement the long-awaited stylus calibration. I'm more or less working in the iRex-initiated project to revamp the iLiad's Wacom drivers. The forum is located here, if you want to see me asking lots of silly questions and showing off how much I don't know.

I really like the auto-refresh idea....
jharker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert