Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-27-2010, 11:46 PM   #1
jjansen
J
jjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: SONY PRS 505/300, iRex DR800SG, Nook
Softroot 2.4.1 install problems

Help please! I softrooted a Nook about 2 weeks ago and everything worked. I just bought a second Nook and I am getting stuck at the very end of the instructions - where they say - don't call if you haven't done this!

I believe that I successfully downgraded to 1.0, and then installed the softroot - the install messages looked good. Then I did the additional reboot at the end and the launch pad still just looks like B&N's launchpad. I couldn't figure out if I was supposed to be holding down the Nook touch button while I rebooted or actually leave a finger on the wide touch panel while it was booting or just do a normal reboot and then open the touch panel and find the new launcher settings icon. I tried everything and nothing seems to work. I find this very surprising since I thought everything had gone well.

If I have done something stupid or missed something at the very end please let me know. I am stuck and I am trying to set this Nook up to give to someone when I fly to Toronto Wednesday evening................Jackie
jjansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 12:01 AM   #2
jjansen
J
jjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: SONY PRS 505/300, iRex DR800SG, Nook
Additional comment to my softroot install problems. I do have an icon that says B&N Home. This implies to me that I do have the new launcher installed. I cannot figure out how to get to the "Launcher Settings" that I see on my other Nook or how I get to see any of the apps such as Trook or where the + sign to add these is hidden at the moment. Basically I think that I am 98% of the way there but I am still dead in the water. HELP :-(
jjansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-28-2010, 12:28 AM   #3
hharan
Connoisseur
hharan will become famous soon enoughhharan will become famous soon enoughhharan will become famous soon enoughhharan will become famous soon enoughhharan will become famous soon enoughhharan will become famous soon enough

Device: nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjansen View Post
Additional comment to my softroot install problems. I do have an icon that says B&N Home. This implies to me that I do have the new launcher installed. I cannot figure out how to get to the "Launcher Settings" that I see on my other Nook or how I get to see any of the apps such as Trook or where the + sign to add these is hidden at the moment. Basically I think that I am 98% of the way there but I am still dead in the water. HELP :-(
Just keep pressing on one of the buttons and it will open the launcher settings panel. There is no separate button in this.
hharan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 05:08 AM   #4
:D ominik
Groupie
:D ominik has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.:D ominik has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.:D ominik has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.:D ominik has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: nook
http://nookdevs.com/Mynook.ru_Launcher
:D ominik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 06:51 AM   #5
afa
The Forgotten
afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite; Nook HD; Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
To Mods:

Can we please have a softroot sticky?

Pretty please?
afa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert