Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-17-2014, 08:48 PM   #1
trichobezoar
Riding Against the Wind
trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 10.1 & Kindle Touch
#FirstWorldProblems

UrbanDictionary.com defines First World Problems as "[p]roblems from living in a wealthy, industrialized nation that third worlders would probably roll their eyes at"; it's also "related to electronics or the internet."

From "Can there be a search for emojis because I go through all of them before I find the one I want" to "I lost track of the "butt" part of my bath towel, so I need a fresh one", first world problems are the bane of (mainly) Western civilization.

Feel free to post about whatever first world problem vexes, perplexes and afflicts you (as long as it's within the forum guidelines).

I can't think of any currently, other than this damn cold I've had the past few days, but as soon as I do, I'll let y'all know... being the first world whiner that I am, especially when it comes to electronics.

EDIT: Also, feel free to post whatever #firstworldproblems posts you find hilarious.

Last edited by trichobezoar; 12-18-2014 at 12:07 AM.
trichobezoar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 09:24 PM   #2
trichobezoar
Riding Against the Wind
trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

From Twitter.com/FiWoProblems:

"I had some leftover chips, so I open some dip. Then I had some dip left over, so I opened another bag of chips. Then I had too many chips..."

And one of my own--this happens almost weekly:

My rooted Nook Tablet wouldn't turn on (the battery was dead) so I had to search for my other one.
Advert
Old 12-17-2014, 10:47 PM   #3
Lin2412
Grand Sorceress
Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
First world problems? When the toilet seat is not put down. Haha. I had a friend from Asia visit me and ask me why it's a big deal if the toilet seat isn't put down. I told her it's a form of respect for the new user but she just laughed it off and told me it's a first world problem. lol
Lin2412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 11:55 PM   #4
trichobezoar
Riding Against the Wind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lin2412 View Post
First world problems? When the toilet seat is not put down. Haha. I had a friend from Asia visit me and ask me why it's a big deal if the toilet seat isn't put down. I told her it's a form of respect for the new user but she just laughed it off and told me it's a first world problem. lol
I never thought of that custom as a first world problem. I suppose I thought it was universal...

My iHome speaker just died on me so now I have to use another one.

Last edited by trichobezoar; 12-18-2014 at 12:00 AM. Reason: Edited spelling.
Old 12-18-2014, 12:23 AM   #5
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
My windshield washers do a good job on the windshields, but when the weather turns lousy I still have to stop periodically and use a spray bottle of glass cleaner to clean the headlights.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2014, 01:37 PM   #6
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Don't Beemers have wipers on the headlights too?
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 02:19 PM   #7
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
When I squirt washer fluid on my windshield, the wipers move five times and the windshield is sparkling clean. Then 10 seconds later, the wipers move again smudging up the clean windshield.
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 07:21 PM   #8
cromag
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Don't Beemers have wipers on the headlights too?
Sadly, my 12 year old minivan is not a Beemer. Perhaps that's another First World Problem.
Old 12-18-2014, 07:55 PM   #9
trichobezoar
Riding Against the Wind

My Buick Park Avenue is... OMG, it's 18 years old!

I don't know if that's a first world problem or not...
Old 12-18-2014, 09:21 PM   #10
cromag

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadlightly View Post
When I squirt washer fluid on my windshield, the wipers move five times and the windshield is sparkling clean. Then 10 seconds later, the wipers move again smudging up the clean windshield.
Not a problem for me anymore. If I just select the "Washer" setting, this is what my car does as well. I have learned to turn the wipers on "Low" first. Then, after a few sweeps, I hit the washer button. I turn the wipers off a few sweeps after the last squirt. It seems to work better for me. YMMV.
Old 12-18-2014, 09:23 PM   #11
trichobezoar
Riding Against the Wind

My OCD is preventing me from accepting the fact that my TTC videos are both MP4 and WMV files... and not solely WMV. >.>

(TTC--The Teaching Company)

EDIT: You ninja'd me, Cromag. lol *reading post* Ooh, that's good to know! Thanks!

Last edited by trichobezoar; 12-18-2014 at 09:27 PM.
Old 12-19-2014, 08:03 AM   #12
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
Not a problem for me anymore. If I just select the "Washer" setting, this is what my car does as well. I have learned to turn the wipers on "Low" first. Then, after a few sweeps, I hit the washer button. I turn the wipers off a few sweeps after the last squirt. It seems to work better for me. YMMV.
Thanks I'll give this a try!

My latest #FirstWorldProblem: At the local shopping mall, the automatic flush toilet spontaneously activated mid-use, exposing my backside to an ice cold geyser. The automatic faucet refused to emit water, and the automatic soap dispenser shot soap for the second time while I was trying to activate the faucet, leaving a foam trail on my sleeve.
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 08:15 PM   #13
trichobezoar
Riding Against the Wind

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadlightly View Post
Thanks I'll give this a try!

My latest #FirstWorldProblem: At the local shopping mall, the automatic flush toilet spontaneously activated mid-use, exposing my backside to an ice cold geyser. The automatic faucet refused to emit water, and the automatic soap dispenser shot soap for the second time while I was trying to activate the faucet, leaving a foam trail on my sleeve.
Thank you for posting this, Treadlightly. lol I'm sorry, but I just have to laugh!

My #firstworldproblem for the day:
This keyboard is so difficult to use. It's not a true chiclet keyboard; it feels like I'm typing on moldy plastic!
Old 12-20-2014, 08:37 PM   #14
5thWiggle
Benevolent Evil Lord
5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 8.0, Galaxy Note, iPad Mini, PocketEdge(retired)
#firstworldproblem - my prime rib roast was still frozen in the middle, resulting in a late dinner and my freezer is too full to store the leftovers.

Life is so cruel...
5thWiggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 11:41 AM   #15
trichobezoar
Riding Against the Wind

Life is cruel at times, 5thWiggle... *nods*

Once in a while I reach out and touch my Windows 7 screen. Then I remember... it isn't a touch screen.