Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old Yesterday, 11:08 AM   #1
grodz
grodz began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis
e-book loaded from Calibre onto Kindle w/ USB Not Appearing in Library

I'm having a strange problem. When adding an e-book to my Kindle device from Calibre using a USB cable, Calibre indicates it is there with a green check. However, after I eject the Kindle I cannot find the book in my Kindle library.

As an experiment I used my wife's version of Calibre with my Kindle, and added the same book using the USB, and all is fine. There must be some unknown setting in Calibre I changed that's causing this. Any advice?
grodz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:16 PM   #2
Claude_C
Fanatic
Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra & Kindle Paperwhite 11th gen
The contrary happened to me. I knew I had this book on my Kindle, but the green checkmark wasn't on my book in my Calibre library.

I know, it's not helping, but maybe you will feel less alone.
Claude_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Yesterday, 03:37 PM   #3
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
The most likely cause of this problem is sending the book in a format that is not supported on Kindle devices, such as EPUB.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:38 PM   #4
Slipkid
Enthusiast
Slipkid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slipkid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slipkid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slipkid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slipkid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slipkid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slipkid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slipkid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slipkid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slipkid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slipkid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
This will happen if it's an older kindle and you're trying to add a kfx file. Other than that, I don't have an answer.
Slipkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:41 PM   #5
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Or if very very old, it won't read azw3/new mobi/KF8 either. Four models only read old mobi and others need FW updates for azw3.
There is a Publisher Font option if azw3 is supported under Aa.

At least the PW3 and later also support KFX.

None work with any kind of epub.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert