Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-05-2013, 11:30 AM   #1
samadam
samadam began at the beginning.

Device: PRS T1
PW resets furthest read spot when switching books

Got a paperwhite. When I read a book, and just one book, the kindle correctly tracks my place in the book. Closing and opening the cover works just fine.

But if I go to the menu and choose another book, then back to menu, the reading location on the first book has been cleared. If I open it, I am started back at the beginning...losing my place entirely.

I have searched, but can't seem to find anything referencing such behavior. I'm using sideloaded mobi files.

For illustration, a YouTube video I made: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyAiIdrvjAE

samadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:32 PM   #2
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
How strange. Have you tried restarting the device? If that doesn't work, I'd do a factory reset.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert