Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-02-2012, 07:40 AM   #1
nandini
Enthusiast
nandini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nandini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nandini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nandini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nandini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nandini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nandini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nandini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nandini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nandini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nandini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS T2, Note II
it supports audiobook?

Will I be able to use sony prs t1 for audio book? A more better question should I buy prs t1? I read in this forum that many are facing minor issues with sony ereaders. Is that normal with all ereaders or sony's is not that good compared to nook simple touch (not feature wise but quality wise).
Also, is there any other option for buying it from India other than grabmore?

Please reply.

Thanks.
nandini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:46 AM   #2
bla
E bookworm
bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T1,Android Tablet, I phone
The T1 will handle audio books in mp3 format just be aware that it doesn't have speakers and the audio player will drain the battery a lot quicker than reading.... the T1 has no more issues than any other device.. it is the nature of forums like this that you hear mostly problems... but if you are heavily into audio instead of text you might consider a cheap i-pod instead ....the T1 is designed as a reader, audio is a distant 2nd consideration...
bla is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2012, 04:03 PM   #3
AnotherCat
AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ....
The best that can be said is that T1 supports audio and so does play MP3 audiobooks. But it is not in any sense an audiobook reader and I would not use one for that purpose. For a dual use device cellular phones are a far more convenient choice as most have proper audiobook reader applications available for them, are far more portable, less battery hungry and generally always carried, and is what I use.

As best as I remember the T1 does remember the last position got to in an audio file so it resumes where you left off listening but that only for the last file listened to (I cannot remember if it still does this when turned off or just if in "sleep" mode). It also does not do bookmarks. So, for example, if one was listening to a book and then played some music or listened to another book, you will have lost your place in the first one.

If audiobooks are important then I don't think anyone who is used to audiobooks would think that the T1 is a convenient choice for those (I cannot comment on readers from other manufacturers, they may be the same). It is a very good eBook reader, however.
AnotherCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 06:24 PM   #4
feenix1363
Lost and clueless
feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Glo, Kindle for Andriod, Kobo for Android
So far as the audio feature of the T1 is concerned, yes it will play your audio books, but there are, as stated earlier, better ways of listening to your audio books, but if you'd like a little gentle background music while you read, without disturbing anyone else, it's great.
feenix1363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 06:47 PM   #5
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
I'd get yourself a Sansa Clip+ and use that for audio - an excellent, tiny ( only a bit bigger than a book of matches), very reasonably priced ( don't know where you are, but in UK around £55 or less ), well regarded MP3 player that weighs next to nothing, and will hold stacks of books.

I never go anywhere without mine - you can have music and audio prose on it, of course.

Only improvement worth doing = better earphones, although the original are OK.
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-03-2012, 05:27 AM   #6
nandini
Enthusiast
nandini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nandini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nandini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nandini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nandini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nandini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nandini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nandini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nandini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nandini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nandini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS T2, Note II
@everyone who replied: Thanks for replying it was helpful. I'll place the order today on grabmore. And, regarding audio book support well I was just eager to know if it does otherwise I'm mainly buying it for PDFs and side loading ebooks.
Thanks again for replying.
nandini is offline   Reply With Quote