Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Mobile Sites

Notices

Old 06-21-2004, 04:56 AM   #1
Montalvo
Connoisseur
Montalvo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Montalvo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Montalvo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: TT
NewYorkTimes - TuPalMX

Here's the result of my tests with PHP and RSS feeds:

NewYorkTimes
http://tupalmx.com/pruebasphp/grab_NYT-2.php

Take a look, and tell me what do you think.

Greetings from Mexico.

Samuel F. Montalvo
TuPalMX / MComm
Guadalajara, Jalisco MEXICO
Old 06-21-2004, 08:41 AM   #2
Zire
Fanatic
Zire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Zire 71
Great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montalvo
Here's the result of my tests with PHP and RSS feeds:

NewYorkTimes
http://tupalmx.com/pruebasphp/grab_NYT-2.php

Take a look, and tell me what do you think.

Greetings from Mexico.

Samuel F. Montalvo
TuPalMX / MComm
Guadalajara, Jalisco MEXICO
Great post! Going to convert with isilo right now!

Edit: Looks good on isilo. I knew that this would be solved by someone finally! Good job!

Last edited by zire71man; 06-21-2004 at 09:02 AM.
Advert
Old 06-21-2004, 10:10 AM   #3
sUnShInE
Drama Queen
sUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to behold

Device: Palm Tungsten T|T3
I'm blown away!

Snaps for Montalvo
Old 06-21-2004, 10:56 AM   #4
javabird
Enthusiast
javabird began at the beginning.

Device: Clie T615C
Just tried it and it looks great!
Old 06-21-2004, 11:01 AM   #5
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Really great work, Samuel!!

Edit: Worth a frontpage news
Advert
Old 06-21-2004, 12:17 PM   #6
gadgetguru
Addict
gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Tungsten T5
Great. Thanks! Now if somebody could do a CNet version, then I could ditch Avantgo and it's over 1 megabyte footprint.
Old 06-21-2004, 12:44 PM   #7
gadgetguru
Addict
gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Tungsten T5
Got it to work with isilo.

But not with Plucker 1.6 Windows desktop - keep getting runtime error during parsing and all that's downloaded and packed into Plucker is the top page. Anyone got it to work with Plucker? And what setting do you use?
Old 06-21-2004, 01:50 PM   #8
ignatz
mechanoholic
ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR/iPhone 4S/EVO 4G
Jpluck 2.1.6 fails at it too. Bummer. Though I use sitescooper for NYTimes anyway, it's goo to have options.
Old 06-21-2004, 02:40 PM   #9
Montalvo
Connoisseur
Montalvo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Montalvo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Montalvo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: TT
I have just used JPluckX and it works great converting this page to Plucker.
What did I do, that you didn't?
Old 06-21-2004, 03:03 PM   #10
ignatz
mechanoholic
ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR/iPhone 4S/EVO 4G
Tried it again and it worked! Not sure what I did wrong the first time... This is a great resource. Thanks for sharing it with us.
Old 06-21-2004, 11:13 PM   #11
Zire
Fanatic
Zire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Zire 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgetguru
Great. Thanks! Now if somebody could do a CNet version, then I could ditch Avantgo and it's over 1 megabyte footprint.
Hey did you download the document list that Alexander offers? I believe that there is a CNet channel there somewhere.
Old 06-22-2004, 02:33 AM   #12
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
I looked at the Cnet channel... looks like they changed the location again and the current one doesn't work with non-Avantgo browsers: http://pshost.avantgo.net/channels/cnet
Old 06-22-2004, 08:14 AM   #13
Harpgliss
Member Retired
Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.

Device: TH55
Hi,

This is great.

Do you have plans to expand this?

I would not mind seeing entertainment and sports sections but consider what you have here as very,very nice.

Thank you.

David
Old 06-22-2004, 10:27 AM   #14
sUnShInE
Drama Queen
sUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to behold

Device: Palm Tungsten T|T3
OMG. NYT Arts&Leisure? Sunday Mag?

Hold on.

I'm hyperventilating and I think I'm gonna pass out.
Old 06-23-2004, 02:12 PM   #15
archituz
Connoisseur
archituz doesn't litterarchituz doesn't litter

This is a beautiful link... but it doesn't seem to match the actual NY Times front page and/or other section headlines. It also doesn't match the NYTimes Avantgo channel listings which DO match the actual NYTimes pages for each day.
Please clarify.
What part of the newspaper are we linking to?
Marty