Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 10-03-2009, 12:43 PM   #826
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I've just tried again, using the wiki instructions as before. It seems it was a temporary glitch in the CPAN database.

All installed and working again now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I have just moved computer and I'm also having the same trouble reinstalling MobiPerl.

It seems that the Palm::PDB package is no longer available.

Help?
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 05:08 PM   #827
muñeca
muñeca began at the beginning.

Device: ebookwise
I'm having a problem with mobi2hml it explodes the mobi and I get the pictures and everything except that the html file is blank there is only this in the code

<html><head><meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=windows-1252" /></head><body></body></html>

I uploaded an image of what the program tells me.

Help please!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	error.jpg
Views:	738
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	38421  
muñeca is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-01-2009, 05:38 PM   #828
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
The usual reason for this is that there is some encryption in the file. I would test if Calibre or some ot the python script floating around can unpack it since I seem to remember that they handled more cases than MobiPerl.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 04:37 PM   #829
kevindorsey
Evangelist
kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
The usual reason for this is that there is some encryption in the file. I would test if Calibre or some ot the python script floating around can unpack it since I seem to remember that they handled more cases than MobiPerl.
Might want to get the previous version of the MPerl, and see if you can run that without a hitch.
kevindorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 12:06 PM   #830
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've found a problem in MobiPerl 0.43, specifically in the mobi2html section. When run on a Mobipocket version 6 file that has the extra data flags set, it doesn't decode the text properly, as it doens't know to ignore the extra data at the end of each text record.

I've raised an issue on the mobiperl tracker, and attached my attempt at a fix, which is working for me but could probably be a lot neater because I don't really know Perl.

I found out about this while trying to fix a problem in a certain Mobipocket DRM removal script.
Advert
Old 01-04-2010, 02:08 PM   #831
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I've found a problem in MobiPerl 0.43, specifically in the mobi2html section. When run on a Mobipocket version 6 file that has the extra data flags set, it doesn't decode the text properly, as it doens't know to ignore the extra data at the end of each text record.

I've raised an issue on the mobiperl tracker, and attached my attempt at a fix, which is working for me but could probably be a lot neater because I don't really know Perl.

I found out about this while trying to fix a problem in a certain Mobipocket DRM removal script.
OK, will look at it when inspired. Is this an UTF-8 think är is this another extra data flag?
Old 01-04-2010, 02:47 PM   #832
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

It's mysterious trailing entries as 'documented' here:

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/MOBI#Trailing_entries

These are in addition to the UTF-8 multibyte character overlap issue, although it works from the same 16-bit Extra Data Flags field of the mobipocket header.

ONLY for mobipocket version 6 and above - I have seen MOBI headers of 0xE8 in length even in version 5 files, and in these the trailing data entries do not occur, and trying to process them will cause problems with some files.

Quote:
OK, will look at it when inspired. Is this an UTF-8 think är is this another extra data flag?
Old 05-31-2010, 03:10 PM   #833
sduford
sduford began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Is the server down? the MobiPerl website does not respond so I cannot download the scritps...
sduford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 04:30 PM   #834
tompe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sduford View Post
Is the server down? the MobiPerl website does not respond so I cannot download the scritps...
It looks like it is down. The Window version is in a message a couple of pages up.
Old 06-01-2010, 01:52 AM   #835
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
It's back up. We had to relocate the server on which dev is hosted. See the announcement here.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 07:33 AM   #836
sduford
sduford began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
OK, I was able to download MobiPerl but now the CPAN install of GD fails.
sduford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 08:13 PM   #837
Budfudder
Enthusiast
Budfudder began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Are there requirements/restriction on the nature or size of the image you set the cover to? I downloaded a cover from the net and it looks about the right size. When I use mobi2mobi.exe to set the cover to the image I downloaded, it only updates the thumbnail - the actual cover image stays blank. Any ideas?
Budfudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 05:12 AM   #838
tompe
Grand Sorcerer

I actually do not remember. There is a flag for enabling or disabling reduction of size so you can test that. If you give me the image I can test it and see if I have the same problem.
Old 11-19-2010, 01:37 AM   #839
Budfudder
Enthusiast
Budfudder began at the beginning.

Quote:
I actually do not remember. There is a flag for enabling or disabling reduction of size so you can test that. If you give me the image I can test it and see if I have the same problem.
I've done a bit of experimenting...I don't think it's actually the image. It seems to be something wrong with the book itself. I've tried several images of varying sizes, and they all have the same problem with that book.
Budfudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 06:03 PM   #840
ile
ile began at the beginning.

Hi,

Would it be possible to make html2mobi to fetch the images from the internet (i.e. if the image is referenced with an url)?

(I'm doing it now)

Last edited by ile; 12-27-2010 at 06:05 PM.
ile is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mobi2mobi, mobils