Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-06-2012, 09:32 PM   #1
sailnaked
sailnaked began at the beginning.

Device: blackberry playbook
calibre, ubuntu linux and the blackberry playbook

I really like my blackberry playbook but it doesn't seem to play nicely with Calibre on Linux Mint 12 or Ubuntu Linux. My Playbook is set up as a network device on Mint and Ubuntu so I can see it just fine in Nautilus. When I try to "Connect/Share" in Calibre it is invisible. I've tried to find it as a folder but it doesn't show up in Calibre's file manager dropdown. Why is that? Any ideas? What is Calibre using to view file folders? Are there plug-in's that could solve this dilemma. I simply must have Calibre working with my Playbook. Please help.
sailnaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 09:58 PM   #2
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
You probably should ask over in the Calibre forum.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=166
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-07-2012, 08:02 AM   #3
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
To be able to speak to a device Calibre requires that it expose itself as if it were a USB disk. It is highly likely that the Playbook is not doing that.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote