Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-23-2010, 11:07 PM   #16
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerperk View Post
Yes. Booze. Hooch. Liquid stupid. Or just coffee if you'd rather.
I'm assuming you don't mean this to be an insult.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 05:54 AM   #17
Snard
Snard has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Snard has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Snard has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Snard has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Nook Color
I think he was just referring to liquor as "liquid stupid", i.e. something you drink that can make you do (or say) stupid stuff.
Snard is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-24-2010, 10:14 AM   #18
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snard View Post
I think he was just referring to liquor as "liquid stupid", i.e. something you drink that can make you do (or say) stupid stuff.
Thanks.
Old 01-04-2011, 10:18 AM   #19
WhiskeySix
WhiskeySix began at the beginning.

Device: NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerperk View Post
the non-working book icon.
Ah, someone else with the same problem I'm having! Has anyone found a cause/solution to this? I think it might have started when I remapped my volume buttons [to Menu, Back]. I reverted to the .bak copies of the config files and rebooted; this returned the volume buttons to their original function, but the open book icon (which opens what you're currently reading) still does nothing. (The icon glows while pressed, but no action follows)
WhiskeySix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 10:24 AM   #20
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySix View Post
Ah, someone else with the same problem I'm having! Has anyone found a cause/solution to this? I think it might have started when I remapped my volume buttons [to Menu, Back]. I reverted to the .bak copies of the config files and rebooted; this returned the volume buttons to their original function, but the open book icon (which opens what you're currently reading) still does nothing. (The icon glows while pressed, but no action follows)
I'm assuming you're using a home screen replacement (launcher). The consensus is that you need to return to the stock homescreen after a reboot. The continue reading icon will work until the next reboot. At which time you have to return to the stock homescreen again.

Give it a try now. Return to stock homescreen. Open book from library or drop down menu on home screeen. Exit book by going someplace else. Press continue reading icon.
Advert
Old 01-04-2011, 10:38 AM   #21
WhiskeySix

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
I'm assuming you're using a home screen replacement (launcher). The consensus is that you need to return to the stock homescreen after a reboot. The continue reading icon will work until the next reboot. At which time you have to return to the stock homescreen again.

Give it a try now. Return to stock homescreen. Open book from library or drop down menu on home screeen. Exit book by going someplace else. Press continue reading icon.
Ah, thanks scion! I don't have the NC w/ me here at work, but I'll definitely try this out when I get home! (Yes, I've set ADW as the default launcher.)

You know... I did notice it was working when I didn't have a default launcher selected.... when pressing the 'n' button brings up a dialog asking to select between 'home' and 'ADWLauncher'. I wonder if every reboot does it OR if its just when booting with a non-nook-launcher as default?I mean there are three cases right?

1) Nook as default
2) No default (pressing 'n' prompts for which home to use).
3) Non-nook as default (e.g. ADW, LauncherPro, etc) as default
I wonder if the open book button is initialized properly (during boot) in only the first case, or if it might work in the second case as well?
Old 01-04-2011, 10:43 AM   #22
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySix View Post
Ah, thanks scion! I don't have the NC w/ me here at work, but I'll definitely try this out when I get home! (Yes, I've set ADW as the default launcher.)

You know... I did notice it was working when I didn't have a default launcher selected.... when pressing the 'n' button brings up a dialog asking to select between 'home' and 'ADWLauncher'. I wonder if every reboot does it OR if its just when booting with a non-nook-launcher as default?I mean there are three cases right?

1) Nook as default
2) No default (pressing 'n' prompts for which home to use).
3) Non-nook as default (e.g. ADW, LauncherPro, etc) as default
I wonder if the open book button is initialized properly (during boot) in only the first case, or if it might work in the second case as well?
Good question. We're all trying to get a grasp on this stuff.
Old 01-04-2011, 10:48 AM   #23
WhiskeySix

Unless someone else tries it first, I'll post back later tonight if I figure anything out

Thanks for bouncing some ideas around w/ me!
Old 01-05-2011, 08:39 PM   #24
French
Groupie
French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:

This is in fact working as you describe.
French is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 08:44 PM   #25
French
Groupie
French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
[snip]You were that bored, huh? Man, I don't have anything to do. I know! Let me turn off my NC. [/snip]
HAHA...I laughed out loud on this. I thank you for refraining from asking ME what my problem was (and refraining from listing your assumptions) as to why I had to set my brightness down to zero not once, but TWICE. Knowing darn well it would result in a completely black screen....
Old 01-06-2011, 12:25 PM   #26
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by French View Post
HAHA...I laughed out loud on this. I thank you for refraining from asking ME what my problem was (and refraining from listing your assumptions) as to why I had to set my brightness down to zero not once, but TWICE. Knowing darn well it would result in a completely black screen....
For some reason, I don't think that was a bright idea. Actually kinda dim.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 12:36 PM   #27
SCION
Séduisant

Silly!
Old 01-06-2011, 01:49 PM   #28
French
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post
For some reason, I don't think that was a bright idea. Actually kinda dim.
Well that's what happens when I listen to ideas that come from the dark recesses of my brain.
Old 01-06-2011, 01:50 PM   #29
SCION
Séduisant

Love the wit!
Old 01-06-2011, 03:29 PM   #30
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by French View Post
Well that's what happens when I listen to ideas that come from the dark recesses of my brain.
Should get a brain that is backlit!
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote