Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 12-14-2010, 05:37 AM   #1
bremler
Enthusiast
bremler began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Find / replace

Hello, I'm very new to regex. Could I please receive some help with the following within sigil:

<span class="sgc-7">trying</span>

to <i>trying</i>

What would I type in find/replace?

I tried

Find: <span class="sgc-7">(.*)</span>
Replace:<i>(.*)</i)

but did not work. THanks for any help
bremler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 05:55 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Try this:

Search: <span class=\"sgc-7\">(.*)</span>
Replace: <i>\1</i>
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2010, 06:10 AM   #3
bremler
Enthusiast

Thanks Harry, tried it - but it has only replaced the first tag, not the second. e.g.

<span class="sgc-7">trying</span>

becomes
<i>trying</span>

Also it only replaces one instance when I click on Replace All . . . the sgc-23 tag occurs around 230 times in the html file. More help much appreciate!

Last edited by bremler; 12-14-2010 at 06:17 AM.
Old 12-14-2010, 06:18 AM   #4
bremler
Enthusiast

Got it! Clicked in 'minimal matching' and that did the track. Thanks so much :-))
Old 12-15-2010, 06:52 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by bremler View Post
Got it! Clicked in 'minimal matching' and that did the track. Thanks so much :-))
The reason for this is that, without the "minimal matching", the "(.*)" search will include the closing tag (in fact, it will include the whole text of the file from that point onwards. That's also why it was only finding the first instance, of course.), hence it's not being replaced. With the "minimal match", it will stop when it reaches text that matches that specified after the wildcard bit.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-17-2010, 02:14 PM   #6
irishred
irishred began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
10-22-2010, 02:53 PM #5
HamsterRage
Addict

Device: Kobo
"You can strip that stuff out with Sigil. It takes about 10 seconds."

I have search in Calibre, google and this forum for a very common problem about removing the spam "generated by ABC AMBER Lit converter blah blah blah" from my ebooks. The solutions doesn't always work or create more problems. Now the comment above sounds promising but didn't offer any instructions. Can anyone please help me here. I have spent hours and I am almost at resigned to reading this crap into the ebooks. Thanks!
irishred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 03:26 PM   #7
Ahmad Samir
Zealot
Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
(IMHO, it's better to start a new topic and post an example of the text you want to replace).
Ahmad Samir is offline   Reply With Quote