Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-30-2010, 04:35 PM   #1
Gary_M_Mugford
Groupie
Gary_M_Mugford has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gary_M_Mugford has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gary_M_Mugford has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo, Kindle3
How often should an unused Kobo be charged?

Hi all,

I bought a Kobo for testing as a Christmas present for my nephew in late August. (I'm anal about shopping ahead and avoiding ALL Holiday Stress Syndrome. I actually have some birthday and Christmas presents ... for 2012. I did mention anal didn't I?).

At any rate, I used it for about three weeks and determined it would fit the needs of the high schooler. Then I reboxed it ... with about 30 books on it. Personally, I moved on to a Kindle3, which matches my needs a bit better.

So, the question is, how often should I haul out that Kobo and give it a charge? It's been about a month and I have two months to go. Would doing it mid-November be enough? Or should I do it now and then again at the end of November.

Thanks for any advice. GM
Gary_M_Mugford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 07:56 PM   #2
KjellM
Connoisseur
KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.KjellM can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kobo, Glo HD, Aura ONE
If the battery is good you should not have to recharge it before Christmas. Turn it on and check the battery charge, if you charged it before you packaged it back up it should still be fully charged, or no more than one bar down.
KjellM is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-30-2010, 10:38 PM   #3
Gary_M_Mugford
Groupie
Gary_M_Mugford has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gary_M_Mugford has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gary_M_Mugford has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo, Kindle3
Quote:
Originally Posted by KjellM View Post
If the battery is good you should not have to recharge it before Christmas. Turn it on and check the battery charge, if you charged it before you packaged it back up it should still be fully charged, or no more than one bar down.
That's great. I'll be doing the wrapping a week or so before Christmas and I'll wait until then.

By the way, I was PM'd about the books I've put ON the eReader. They are all legitly bought, or downloaded from Baen's Free Library or, in two cases, PDF's of my own books (collections of Bridge columns). AND I never registered the software nor installed the Kobo desktop. All file transfers were via Calibre. I mention this only to head off other well-meaning netizens.

Thanks for your confirmation on the battery, GM
Gary_M_Mugford is offline   Reply With Quote