Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 11-02-2012, 04:38 AM   #1
vvilmos
Connoisseur
vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.

Device: Onyx M92, K3
usb connection problem

After upgrading to 1.8 (or just a coincidence?) my m92
is not recognized as a USB device. The dialog does not pop
up, and the reader is only charging.
However the internal flash and the SD are accessible from the reader
but not from the PC.
I have tried with 2 computers and with another usb cable but same result.
Any idea?
vvilmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:49 AM   #2
Knorke
Enthusiast
Knorke is on a distinguished road

Device: Onyx Boox M92
In my case (with Version 1.8.20121101) USB connection works fine.
Knorke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 05:21 AM   #3
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by vvilmos View Post
After upgrading to 1.8 (or just a coincidence?) my m92
is not recognized as a USB device. The dialog does not pop
up, and the reader is only charging.
However the internal flash and the SD are accessible from the reader
but not from the PC.
I have tried with 2 computers and with another usb cable but same result.
Any idea?
It is rather coincidence, but try to install the 20120309 and then test the USB connectivity. Also please make sure the M92 is the only one connected device to this time - no smartphones, cameras etc. on USB.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:07 AM   #4
vvilmos
Connoisseur
vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
It is rather coincidence, but try to install the 20120309 and then test the USB connectivity. Also please make sure the M92 is the only one connected device to this time - no smartphones, cameras etc. on USB.
I have tried it just now but no success

The usb problem could be older because I usually load
the books directly on the SD from PC.

Do you have other suggestion, or it could be a hardware problem
(maybe the USB contacts).

Thank you.
Old 11-02-2012, 06:18 AM   #5
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
I have tried it just now but no success

The usb problem could be older because I usually load
the books directly on the SD from PC.

Thank you.
I would recommend you to contact your store and ask for inspection and repair (if there is a malfunction). It would be a warranty case.

Last edited by Booxtor; 11-02-2012 at 06:24 AM.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:05 AM   #6
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
Quote:
Did you tried also different USB cables? Also make sure, the USB plug really fully fits in the reader. One ussualy oversees it, but connectors are in sort of rectangular "ditch", which might be too narrow for certain USB plugs (no-one confirmed any existing one, so far...).

There is similar "issue" with headphone plug. Certain plugs are too thick to be fully inserted. Some users experienced only one channel to work. Using extension cable or different headphones (with narroved plug) solved the "problem".

Just an idea, to try before sending it to for the repair...
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:17 AM   #7
vvilmos
Connoisseur

Ok, solved, it was my fault:
I did not use the USB cable lately, preferring to transfer the books
via SD. So, I forgot that unlike the kindle (which I use for nontechnical documents), the USB cable must be inserted when the reader is ON.