Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 03-05-2012, 12:49 PM   #46
Strether
Guru
Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1; iPad Air; iPhone 7; Kobo Libra; Kindle Oasis 3
If that's supposed to be Theo on the Dragon Ship cover, why isn't she blonde? Maybe Bechimo's auto doc turned her into a brunette?

Jim
Strether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 12:21 AM   #47
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
Hmm..a re-read of Ghost Ship and the Dragon Ship ARC, looks like good reading on summer vacation!
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 07:51 PM   #48
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
The Dragon Ship eArc is now up...

http://www.baenebooks.com/p-1659-dragon-ship-earc.aspx
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 11:33 PM   #49
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for that head's up!
Old 04-29-2012, 12:03 AM   #50
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 06:42 PM   #51
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Ok.. After a fairly long hiatus, I'm back to the Liaden Universe. Started Crystal Soldier this morning and it's full of Aha Moments. I'll finish this one and then Crystal Dragon before I decide what to read next.

The problem is What Next? I've read the main arc through I Dare (Agent of Change, Conflict of Honors, Carpe Diem, Plan B, I Dare). Looking at Sharon Lee's suggested reading order, she has Ghost Ship as a direct sequel to that arc, but also in the middle of the Theo Waitley arc (Fledgling, Saltation, Ghost Ship, Dragon Ship). Looks like I *should* be following Theo.

Suggestions?
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 07:40 PM   #52
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgaiser View Post
The problem is What Next? I've read the main arc through I Dare (Agent of Change, Conflict of Honors, Carpe Diem, Plan B, I Dare). Looking at Sharon Lee's suggested reading order, she has Ghost Ship as a direct sequel to that arc, but also in the middle of the Theo Waitley arc (Fledgling, Saltation, Ghost Ship, Dragon Ship). Looks like I *should* be following Theo.
I'd personally start the Theo books from the first one and not read Ghost Ship before the first two.

BTW, just finished Dragon Ship last week. Loved it. I'm kinda sorry that the next book(s) won't be another in the Theo story line.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 09:53 PM   #53
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
I'd personally start the Theo books from the first one and not read Ghost Ship before the first two.
Yeah.. That was my thought. Thanks.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:04 PM   #54
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
Yes, Fledgling and Saltation before Ghost Ship
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 10:18 PM   #55
jgaiser
Omnivorous

Thanks.

And Holy Cr*p.. I'm really enjoying Crystal Soldier. It's filling in so many little details.

And... I've got my roommate fully hooked on the Liaden Universe. She's just about finished with Unibus II and she's asking what next.
Old 05-10-2012, 01:47 AM   #56
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force

"Crystal Soldier" is great.

You're totally right about a-ha moments. It totally back-fills how things came to be. Between "Crystal Soldier" and "Crystal Dragon" you really can appreciate how various threads have been drifting through the other books, all tying things back to the beginning. The book "Balance of Trade" takes on a whole different meaning after the two Crystal books.

I absolutely loved the way the progression of the Trees was depicted, and the young Tree itself.
Old 05-18-2012, 03:42 PM   #57
jgaiser
Omnivorous

Oh boy...

I'm really having a heck of a time sticking with Crystal Dragon. Loved Crystal Soldier, but the second in the duology is kicking my butt. Too many side threads and I just can stay with it. Sigh.. I'll finish, but this is the first in the Liaden universe that just isn't hooking me.
Old 05-18-2012, 04:15 PM   #58
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force

Crystal Dragon sets up the later stories involving Clan Erob, the dramliz, mentions of the Uncle, and what exactly the "old tech" in the later stories refers to.
Old 05-26-2012, 03:29 PM   #59
piperclassique
A garbling groftpot
piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis, Voyage, Kobo mini, Samsung tablet, phones, whatever.
Humph. My gateway drug was Saltation (because it came in a bundle so hey, I'm oing to read it anyway,right?)

So I got hooked.
And I really don't have time, what with the weeds growing and the cats whinging for supper, and the electric fence to fix.

Grrrrr

Off to bed with the Kindle and a head torch soon, once the hens are inside
piperclassique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 08:21 PM   #60
bfisher
Wizard
bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Galaxy (Aldiko, Kobo app)
Quote:
Originally Posted by piperclassique View Post
Humph. My gateway drug was Saltation (because it came in a bundle so hey, I'm oing to read it anyway,right?)

So I got hooked.
And I really don't have time, what with the weeds growing and the cats whinging for supper, and the electric fence to fix.

Grrrrr

Off to bed with the Kindle and a head torch soon, once the hens are inside
I know what you mean. I read "Crystal Soldier" in a Baen bundle, and then I couldn't read absolutely anything else until I devoured every Liaden novel available.
bfisher is offline   Reply With Quote