Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 07-15-2011, 02:01 PM   #166
emusan
lol
emusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheese

Device: eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsenter View Post
We already have a source code for Dingo.
Does anybody have a source code for Coyote by chance?
Thanks.
Did you find anything useful in the Dingo sources? If not I /really/ doubt that there is anything more useful in Coyote. I would be surprised if anyone downloaded it given how outdated it is... but good luck anyway...
emusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 02:45 PM   #167
greyhair
greyhair began at the beginning.

Device: edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by remedy View Post
I doubt this will be of any help ....
Bingo! Worked for me.

http://strazzere.com/blog/?tag=market-enabler
greyhair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 02:47 PM   #168
emusan
lol
emusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhair View Post
what method did you use to get the market apps on there? did you do the one in this thread, mine, or one of Kennyminot's?
Old 07-15-2011, 02:54 PM   #169
bigdogbts
bigdogbts began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket eDGe
Borked?!?!?!?

So my situation has gone from bad, to worse. I attempted to downgrade back to Dingo using the official instructions. When the PE was supposed to be taking 10 minutes to completely recover, it actually rebooted rather quickly, and went back to the PocketeDGe screen with the 4 dots. And there it sits. I've tried running every update.zip that I can find, and they all do the same thing, show the upgrading screen for 3 seconds, reboot, and then I'm back to my 4 dot cycle (the words pocket edge are shimmering, so it's not locked, but it seems to be caught in a boot loop). Any suggestions?
bigdogbts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 03:06 PM   #170
thinredline
Connoisseur
thinredline doesn't litterthinredline doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Pocket Edge, Nookd Simple Touch Glowlight, NGP
Have you tried reset?
thinredline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 03:11 PM   #171
bigdogbts

you mean the reset button? yeah, a few times. Every time I power the device back on, it makes it back to the 4 dot screen and then doesn't go anywhere.
Old 07-15-2011, 03:14 PM   #172
bigdogbts

And just a little more info.... I've got a rooted Atrix, which followed a rooted Backflip. I've installed CM6 and CM7 as it has become available for most of my devices, including a nook that runs CM7 from a class 10 SDHC card. I'm pretty comfortable in ADB, so it's not like I'm a noob asking "what's rooting". ;-). But yeah, I think I'm in a world of hurt with this PE.
Old 07-15-2011, 04:00 PM   #173
ptsenter
Addict
ptsenter has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kobo eReader Wireless
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdogbts View Post
I'm pretty comfortable in ADB, so it's not like I'm a noob asking "what's rooting". ;-). But yeah, I think I'm in a world of hurt with this PE.
Can you post logcat right after reboot if it's available?
ptsenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 04:38 PM   #174
greyhair
greyhair began at the beginning.

Device: edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by emusan View Post
what method did you use to get the market apps on there? did you do the one in this thread, mine, or one of Kennyminot's?
emusan,

I read your instructions, but didn't get the market to work.
I don't have an android 2.2 phone, so I used a working emulator to copy data files and build.prop entries.
Still didn't work.
I think the key here is the use of setprop (via marketenable.apk) to trick google's android market into thinking the pedge is a Verizon device.

I suspect that is the reason the backup of an android phone with app data and backup into the pedge works.

Needless to say, I'm very happy.

BTW, I'm about 99% sure that current netflix will never work on an edge.
the PXA168 processor is not used by any of the supported devices and the *.apk files all download what appears to be device specific (probably processor specific) linux libraries.
greyhair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 05:12 PM   #175
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdogbts View Post
So my situation has gone from bad, to worse. I attempted to downgrade back to Dingo using the official instructions. When the PE was supposed to be taking 10 minutes to completely recover, it actually rebooted rather quickly, and went back to the PocketeDGe screen with the 4 dots. And there it sits. I've tried running every update.zip that I can find, and they all do the same thing, show the upgrading screen for 3 seconds, reboot, and then I'm back to my 4 dot cycle (the words pocket edge are shimmering, so it's not locked, but it seems to be caught in a boot loop). Any suggestions?
You did use the update-golden.zip to try to get back to 1.6 I assume. I also assume you haven't fallen into the windows trap of having update.zip.zip on the USB stick.

The golden update is the one you must use because none of the others clear and replace everything.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 05:19 PM   #176
emusan
lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhair View Post
emusan,

I read your instructions, but didn't get the market to work.
I don't have an android 2.2 phone, so I used a working emulator to copy data files and build.prop entries.
Still didn't work.
I think the key here is the use of setprop (via marketenable.apk) to trick google's android market into thinking the pedge is a Verizon device.

I suspect that is the reason the backup of an android phone with app data and backup into the pedge works.

Needless to say, I'm very happy.

BTW, I'm about 99% sure that current netflix will never work on an edge.
the PXA168 processor is not used by any of the supported devices and the *.apk files all download what appears to be device specific (probably processor specific) linux libraries.
okay, so you got the apps from my archive then? or did you use the update.zip found here? If it was from mine I'll update the guide letting people know it actually does work(with a few more steps of course)!
Old 07-15-2011, 08:48 PM   #177
Triskalleon
Enthusiast
Triskalleon began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanjt View Post
The golden update is the one you must use because none of the others clear and replace everything.
Also, I read somewhere on the Entourage site that the golden update will FAIL when going from 2.2 to 1.6 and you need to stop it and run it again. It will succeed on the second try.
Triskalleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 09:02 PM   #178
vicinc
Guru
vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocket Edgex2(1unborked), Alex, Nook B&W, Nook Color, Nook STR
all the recovery procedure is messed. the first thing to do before coocking any rom is to sort this.
vicinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 09:30 PM   #179
Triskalleon
Enthusiast
Triskalleon began at the beginning.

Device: none
This may be a dumb question, but is the update.zip file in the cache what it uses if you use the menu "Factory data reset" or is this image, I guess, stored somewhere else on the PE? I was wondering if there was some way to use this a fall back carried on the device. (And dumb questions are a specialty of mine. I've had SO much practice.)
Triskalleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 09:44 PM   #180
emusan
lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triskalleon View Post
This may be a dumb question, but is the update.zip file in the cache what it uses if you use the menu "Factory data reset" or is this image, I guess, stored somewhere else on the PE? I was wondering if there was some way to use this a fall back carried on the device. (And dumb questions are a specialty of mine. I've had SO much practice.)
I think you could presumably just keep an update.zip in the root directory of your PE(either / or /sdcard, more likely /sdcard), and when you need to use it boot up with the rotate and menu buttons held down...