Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-10-2022, 05:50 AM   #1
salty-horse
Wizard
salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E
This epub's images are not showing on PRS-T1 - any idea why?

I have a Sony PRS-T1 with the latest update 1.0.07.05070.

When viewing this epub, none of the images show up.

I assume this is some quirk of the Adobe Digital Editions version used on the device, but I can't figure out how to fix the formatting to make them show up.

Can anyone tell what's wrong? Is this because they are too large, or some weird CSS used?
salty-horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 09:12 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I've never had an ePub with images that large on my T1. I suggest you try reducing the images to 1024x768 and see how you get on. You can do this in the Calibre editor. It also means that the images will also be reprocessed and maybe one of the two actions will do it.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-10-2022, 09:34 AM   #3
salty-horse
Wizard
salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E
That worked!

Is there an easy way to do that in bulk from within Calibre's book editor? I can only find a way to resize them one by one.

I see an option in the conversion tool, but in this case, I want to convert from ePub to ePub and I'm not sure I can use it.

Asked a new question about it here.

Last edited by salty-horse; 01-10-2022 at 10:57 AM.
salty-horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 01:56 PM   #4
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS505/650/T1/tolino vision 5
Not an answer to your question, but - by accident - I just shared a SIGIL plugin for exactly that reason.
All images wider than the set threshold (600 per default) will be resized to this width, smaller images are left alone.
Mark Nord is offline   Reply With Quote