Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 08-25-2021, 09:57 PM   #1
revmike
Zealot
revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Sony Readers 505 \ T-2, Nook Glowlight Plus 7.8
Nook app does not recognize all epubs

I just purchased a Nook Glowlight Plus 7.8 inch to replace my Sony T-2. I wanted a larger screen but nothing over 9 inches. I have over 300 books and they all transferred over after running them through Adobe Digital as the books come from the Sony store and Kobo. My PC is using Windows 10 and I installed the Nook app and it only recognizes 112 out of the 300. I've looked at the books the ones accepted and the ones that were not and I can't see what is causing the rejection of 200 plus books. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks
revmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 11:54 PM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Is there a reason you need to use the Nook app?
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2021, 12:29 PM   #3
revmike
Zealot
revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

No I really don't need to use it since its not like the Sony Reader and Kobo apps that would sync with a ereader and load new books. I was just curious as to why some epubs were recognized and the others were not. Since I'm new to Nook I thought that it would be like the other ereader apps in form and function, but apparently its not.
Old 08-26-2021, 01:04 PM   #4
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
If you use Calibre, you can install the epubcheck plugin and check your epubs for errors with it. As to the Nook app, it isn't necessary at all for the use of the Nook ereader.

I haven't bothered either with epubcheck or desktop apps (Nook, Kobo or Kindle). All Kindle, Kobo and Nook ereaders are perfectly usable without any app.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 08:00 PM   #5
revmike
Zealot

Thanks for your help, I appreciate it. I've been fooling around with the Nook app and it is pretty much useless, unless you want to read your books on the computer. I purchased a couple books (less than 3.00) and it took an effort to locate them and move them to my reader. As far as calibre is concerned its not worth the time, all my books are on the reader where they should be.
Thanks again.
Advert