Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 03-24-2022, 09:39 AM   #16
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Personally, I've pretty much given up on having a epub look close to the same on different renderers. The final straw for me was a few years back when an acquaintance complained about how epubs were boring and all of them looked the same. Oddly, the Android program he used and regarded as "the best ebook reader program ever" was configured out of the box to disregard any publisher styles whether applied through a stylesheet or inline. If you could be bothered to dig down through multiple levels of menus, you could find the multiple checkbox options to enable using publisher CSS and show publisher formatting. At that point, you got coverage for about 50% of the epub2 standard.
When I am done with my cleaning up, basically, the ePub will look the the same on most programs that respect the CSS (unless overrides are in place). I do it to have the eBooks look the way I like.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote