Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Server

Notices

Old 02-05-2022, 03:49 PM   #1
sgmoore
Enthusiast
sgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfolded

Device: Kindle Voyage
Clear history and Continue Reading message?

When I browse to my local Calibre Server, it brings up a page with Continue Reading... and some books which I have accidently opened to read.

How do I get rid of this page or the list of books?

Also how do I clear the list of downloaded books (which comes up if I click on Browse all downloaded books... ?
sgmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2022, 07:37 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Use the trash icon in the top right corner of the browse all downloaded books page.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2022, 02:31 AM   #3
sgmoore
Enthusiast
sgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfolded

Device: Kindle Voyage
Thank you very much.
sgmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2024, 02:28 PM   #4
PapaKilo
Connoisseur
PapaKilo began at the beginning.

Device: Android, kindle
Well, I have the same problem and the same books never go away.

It is not an artifact of the browser cache not clearing, I brought the library up in a browser that had never been used before and the images were still there.

I tried downloading the files and then deleting them. Didn't work.

There has to be a location on the content server that contains the information and is not being cleared and it doesn't clear when the content server is shut down and restarted.

I have tried to find the location, but have not been successful.

I also assume that clearing the list is by specific user and I also can't find which of my users was reading on line and left without clearing the unread books.

Can someone please let me know where on windows the information is kept so I can remove it.

Please!
PapaKilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2024, 02:38 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Did you click the Browse all downloaded books button:?

Then you will see the proper Trashcan Icon to remove the selection
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2024, 02:46 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Update: The first screen will not refresh during the current session.
Note 2: Calibre probably uses the same OFFLINE storage, making it Browser independent.
C:\Users\UUUU\AppData\Local
I still recommend using the UI to clear those
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2024, 05:28 PM   #7
PapaKilo
Connoisseur
PapaKilo began at the beginning.

Device: Android, kindle
I did try to use the UI. None of the options worked. The delete option didn't work because they weren't downloaded on my machine. I tried to download them and used the trashcan to delete them. It did but the image was still there because I was not the individual who originally downloaded it.

In the end deleting Calibre-cache worked. Just make sure Calibre is not running when you delete the folder.

Thanks for the help.
PapaKilo is offline   Reply With Quote