Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-25-2016, 04:37 AM   #1
kinkle
Connoisseur
kinkle began at the beginning.

Device: kindle3 3g and KT 3G
list of books on Kindle Touch disappeared

Yesterday I found that my list of books on Kindle Touch disappeared.
It now appears that I have 0 books on the device!! But the books are still in the folder "documents" as I have seen connecting kindle with the PC.
Any idea how I can recover and see my books on the home page?
Please Thanks.

Last edited by kinkle; 02-25-2016 at 04:45 AM.
kinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 06:45 AM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
You need to view personal documents on the Kindle instead of books.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-25-2016, 07:33 AM   #3
kinkle
Connoisseur

I do not understand. I have no longer the facility to select and see any kind of documents saved in my kindle.
Old 02-25-2016, 07:38 AM   #4
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkle View Post
I do not understand. I have no longer the facility to select and see any kind of documents saved in my kindle.
Check the sorting. There are options of what types of objects to view. Make sure that "all items" is chosen (or whatever it is for the Touch--I don't have one available to look at.

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 07:55 AM   #5
kinkle
Connoisseur

I have zero (0) at "My Items" with "All Items" selected. All other are inactive in the menu (boocks, docs, active contents, audible) but there are in documents folder as i see from my PC.
Advert
Old 02-25-2016, 08:23 AM   #6
IFixKindles
Connoisseur
IFixKindles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IFixKindles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IFixKindles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IFixKindles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IFixKindles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IFixKindles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IFixKindles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IFixKindles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IFixKindles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IFixKindles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IFixKindles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1 - repair many Kindle models
Have you tried a reboot of your Kindle? Unplug it, press power and hold it a full 30 to 40 seconds. Then release it and let it restart.
IFixKindles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 08:36 AM   #7
kinkle
Connoisseur

Yes IFixKindles, I try manny times without any result.
Old 02-25-2016, 08:42 AM   #8
ReadingKnitter
ReadingKnitter began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I have the same issue - the forced Kindle update not only made all my books invisible (except, of course, when looking through the device files on my computer), but it re-added all of the books and documents I had stored on my *previous* Kindle. I am so peeved.

Got in bed last night to finish the last few pages of a book, and all I saw were books I read last June.
ReadingKnitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 08:53 AM   #9
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkle View Post
I have zero (0) at "My Items" with "All Items" selected. All other are inactive in the menu (boocks, docs, active contents, audible) but there are in documents folder as i see from my PC.
Try looking at "Downloaded" rather than "All"

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 09:01 AM   #10
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hmm... if this is because of a firmware update, try unregistering the Kindle and then re-register it with your account.
Old 02-26-2016, 09:59 AM   #11
kinkle
Connoisseur

I try all you suggest me but... nothing!
Old 02-26-2016, 10:00 AM   #12
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Contact Amazon support.