Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 12-13-2010, 08:48 PM   #46
JeremyZ
Addict
JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST, Kindle 2, Samsung Galaxy Stellar phone
Dragonlance Chronicles, by Weis and Hickman

JeremyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 11:09 PM   #47
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
Quote:
Originally Posted by queentess View Post
! I forgot all about Lois Duncan! My 5th grade teacher gave me a copy of The Third Eye, and it was my favorite book for years. I'd like to reread it, but upon reading through the "do you reread books" thread and remembering the one book I read as an adolescent and tried to reread... I'm thinking not. I don't want to ruin my memory of it.

LOIS DUNCAN! Boy that takes me back. "Five were Missing" was a big favorite.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2010, 02:23 AM   #48
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Quote:
Originally Posted by queentess View Post
! I forgot all about Lois Duncan! My 5th grade teacher gave me a copy of The Third Eye, and it was my favorite book for years. I'd like to reread it, but upon reading through the "do you reread books" thread and remembering the one book I read as an adolescent and tried to reread... I'm thinking not. I don't want to ruin my memory of it.
I reread several of her books recently, and they were just as good, but I did have a different perspective. I loved The Third Eye! Actually, I really enjoyed all her books.
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 09:53 AM   #49
Lo Zeno
Addict
Lo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura about

Device: Hanlin V3 (with lBook firmware & OpenInkPot)
I enjoyed The Sword of Shannara, by Terry Brooks. Can't wash away the feeling of shame from me...
Lo Zeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 10:22 AM   #50
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
My current guilty read is: Dark Road to Darjeeling by Deanna Raybourn. I like her books because they are decently written and have a lot of humor, so although it's clearly not great literature, maybe it's not so very shameful after all.
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2010, 10:42 AM   #51
some call me tim
Connoisseur
some call me tim can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguesome call me tim can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguesome call me tim can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguesome call me tim can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguesome call me tim can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguesome call me tim can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguesome call me tim can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguesome call me tim can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguesome call me tim can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguesome call me tim can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguesome call me tim can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Libra
some call me tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 05:58 PM   #52
ebusinesstutor
Star Gawker
ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
My own guilty clever is my hardcover collection of Calvin & Hobbes. Not a novel, but I can spend many hours adventuring with Calvin and his stuffed tiger.
ebusinesstutor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 09:29 PM   #53
Illinifan
Connoisseur
Illinifan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illinifan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illinifan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illinifan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illinifan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illinifan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illinifan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illinifan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illinifan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illinifan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illinifan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 4, iPhone 4, iPod touch, Sony PRS 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lo Zeno View Post
I enjoyed The Sword of Shannara, by Terry Brooks. Can't wash away the feeling of shame from me...
Brooks' first book was a blantant copy of the LoTR; however, the second and third books of the first trilogy (The Elfstones of Shannara and the Wishsong of Shannara) were excellent. I've read all of the Shannara books and don't consider them a guilty pleasure. I have also read the Word & Void series and thought he brilliantly tied the two series together.

However, the Landover series also by Terry Brooks, which I have also read entirely, definitely falls under the "guilty pleasure" heading.

Also the Pendragon books by McHale. My son would get them as soon as they came out and I read them immediately after he finished them.
Illinifan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 05:14 AM   #54
Lo Zeno
Addict
Lo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura about

Device: Hanlin V3 (with lBook firmware & OpenInkPot)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinifan View Post
Brooks' first book was a blantant copy of the LoTR; however, the second and third books of the first trilogy (The Elfstones of Shannara and the Wishsong of Shannara) were excellent. I've read all of the Shannara books and don't consider them a guilty pleasure. I have also read the Word & Void series and thought he brilliantly tied the two series together.
Yeah, I read them all too, and I too think that they are (mostly) excellent. My first was actually The First King of Shannara (which I still consider his best book). It's only The Sword that is... well, a shame.
Lo Zeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 06:18 PM   #55
bookwerm
Zealot
bookwerm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bookwerm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bookwerm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bookwerm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bookwerm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: B&N Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinandgreek View Post
Mine are V.C. Andrews novels (although I haven't read one in a few years) and....
Baby-Sitters Club books.

My favourite guilty pleasure t.v. show is "One Tree Hill". It felt good to get that off my chest.
V.C. Andrews is definitely my guilty pleasure! Although, in my defense, I only really like the 8 books originally written by Andrews; I tend to ignore everything by the ghostwriter.

If you're interested, most of Andrews' earlier books are going to be released in ebook in February 2011. There's an off chance some of her fans have started a countdown until we can own all of these crazy books in secrecy on our ereaders....
bookwerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 06:50 AM   #56
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookwerm View Post
V.C. Andrews is definitely my guilty pleasure! Although, in my defense, I only really like the 8 books originally written by Andrews; I tend to ignore everything by the ghostwriter.

If you're interested, most of Andrews' earlier books are going to be released in ebook in February 2011. There's an off chance some of her fans have started a countdown until we can own all of these crazy books in secrecy on our ereaders....

I like the original novels, too, but I did enjoy some of the earlier ghostwritten novels as well. They tended to get worse over time (I did read the ghostwritten novels for a long, time before giving up. I'm nothing if not loyal). I do plan on picking up the ebooks!
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 07:33 AM   #57
januaryman
Used DTBs & iPad User
januaryman began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
I'd like to add the "Jack Reacher" series by Lee Child. I'm now secretly reading 61 Hours.
januaryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 07:44 AM   #58
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
I see no reason to feel guilty about reading those novels. Although as a general rule I do not read movie books, I simply preferr to see the movie. I have read: Sum of All Fears, Jurrasic Park, Christine, A Christmas Carol and Atlast Shrugged.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 05:18 PM   #59
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone X, Kindle Fire Tab HD 8, Walmart Onn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crozie View Post
I have to admit I quite enjoyed Battlefield: Earth...
+1

I like a lot of Hubbards sic fi

Lee
leebase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 05:24 PM   #60
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone X, Kindle Fire Tab HD 8, Walmart Onn
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebusinesstutor View Post
My own guilty clever is my hardcover collection of Calvin & Hobbes. Not a novel, but I can spend many hours adventuring with Calvin and his stuffed tiger.
Calvin and Hobbes are my favorites.

And who doesn't love Bon Jovi? Why are my favorite books being listed as guilty pleasures?

Lee
leebase is offline   Reply With Quote