Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 09-26-2010, 04:20 PM   #1
oncdoc
Addict
oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle, pocket pro
I feel guilty because I own soo many readers

just got sony 650, have a kindle 2, and astak pocket pro.

oh well. they are just too cool.
oncdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 05:57 PM   #2
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
If I had the money, I'd have a Sony 950 (when it comes out) , a nook, and a Kindle 3. So don't feel guilty, just enjoy!
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-26-2010, 06:02 PM   #3
Ravensknight
Serpent Rider
Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350; Nook STR; Oasis
I agree about the sony 950; I love my 505, but have been hankering for a slightly larger screen for some time. Blast, I need more money!
Ravensknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 06:36 PM   #4
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite (away from home) + 1 spare, 32" TV (at home)
If you feel so guilty, just send the extras to me!
Lady Fitzgerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 06:40 PM   #5
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravensknight View Post
I agree about the sony 950; I love my 505, but have been hankering for a slightly larger screen for some time. Blast, I need more money!
I got spoiled. For the last several months I'd been reading on an Asus T91 MT convertible netbook/tablet. In tablet form, in portrait mode, it's a LOT like the form factor of the Sony 950, only heavier and thicker. When I bought the Sony 600, which I did because it was on clearance and I was tired of waiting, I fell in love with it, but still wish for more reading area. Which makes me think a 950 would be pretty darn cool.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-26-2010, 07:22 PM   #6
oncdoc
Addict
oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle, pocket pro
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
I love it. that was funny. cheers.
oncdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 08:41 PM   #7
DArenson
ebookworm
DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kobo, Kindle
I have a Kobo and I'm buying a Kindle 3. Why? I just want one.
DArenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 08:52 PM   #8
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
I have a Kindle 3 -- which is wonderful -- and a Kobo -- which is also practical, giving me easy access to ePubs and library books at a modest cost. I think all that is completely within reason -- two eReaders.

The problem is I have three readers ... a Kindle 2 as well.
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 08:53 PM   #9
DArenson
ebookworm
DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!

Which do you like best? I love my Kobo, but the K3 seems better.
Old 09-26-2010, 09:00 PM   #10
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
Hands down, the Kindle 3 wifi runs rings around the Kobo -- and for pretty much the same price. Amazon's book store is hands down the better store. I much prefer the Kindle 3 font and the way it more completely fills the page. And most Kindle books are justified text with para indents and no extra lines between paragraphs -- more words per page at the same font size means less page turning.

But ... I enjoy the Kobo: it fits nicely in the hand and it brooks no distractions. It also gives me library book access. And, while the kobobooks store lacks all the extras that makes browsing on Amazon such a joy, it also features titles not available at Amazon. I've been reading mysteries from the Dundurn Press, for example.

I can recommend either, depending on the reading needs of the user: and I often recommend both. As ebooks are generally WAY cheaper than pbooks bought in a bricks and mortar store, it's not long before the eReader is actually a net savings.
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 09:04 PM   #11
DArenson
ebookworm

I love my Kobo; never go anywhere without it. Only complaint is that it's slow. It thinks for a bit when you change the font size, move between menu items, and even turn the page.
Old 09-27-2010, 12:56 AM   #12
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara, Voyage, Oasis, Paperwhite & PRS-650
I used to feel guilty about having so many readers, now I'm over it, but I am jonesing for the Sony 650. I'm trying to justify it but I bought 5 readers in the past year (one was a replacement after my beau broke my 505) and when I got the 600 I really didn't need it. The reader that I used the most is the Sony 700 so, I'm trying to hold out for the Sony 750 to become my favorite and most ideal reader.
SolRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 01:14 AM   #13
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Funny I was thinking the same thing. lol. The fact is they cost too much for me to get one short of saving up for several months. Hope the price goes down soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 01:57 AM   #14
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by phenomshel View Post
If I had the money, I'd have a Sony 950 (when it comes out) , a nook, and a Kindle 3. So don't feel guilty, just enjoy!
If I had the money, I'd have many more readers! (more in style of mgmueller...) I'd probably have one of each unique one...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 02:42 AM   #15
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
LOL...I just bought a Sony 650 today...felt a little guilty about it. Just got a nook about two months ago--and shortly after that, Sony announces the 650--pretty much everything I want in a reader.

So now I have three readers--the Sony 505, the nook, and the 650. My husband has two readers--the Sony 700 and 900.

So we're a two person/five reader household.

dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote