Old Yesterday, 05:54 PM   #3226
fanfictioneer
fanfictioneer began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
New Test Version Posted

2019-01-15
- Add always_login setting to base_xenforo for SV login-required story with 404 result.

I've never seen a user/pass required story on SV before.
It's the first time I have ever seen it, and I wonder if it is something the thread starter can toggle or if it is a mod-only ability. Any who, thanks a bunch for fixing it!

By the way, could not a workaround be to try login if you receive a 404 (on xenforo)? I mean, generally speaking people don't try to download stories by just mashing on keys to generate the URL, so it stands to reason that one could spend the extra time taken to log in in that particular case?
fanfictioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:30 PM   #3227
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fanfictioneer View Post
By the way, could not a workaround be to try login if you receive a 404 (on xenforo)? I mean, generally speaking people don't try to download stories by just mashing on keys to generate the URL, so it stands to reason that one could spend the extra time taken to log in in that particular case?
Yes, and I coded that first. But then it would stop and ask you your user/pass 2-3 times before accepting it's a real 404.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote