Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-06-2018, 12:25 PM   #16
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Plug the Kindle into the PC using the USB> Click on the Kindle On the PC. Open it> Now you should SEE the Books > Now Drag & Drop them in to the correct Folder.... Once done disconnect the Kindle do a Re-Boot You should Now see the e-books
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 03:41 PM   #17
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchieHfx View Post
I hope that this thread is still active and people still pay attention, because I can't figure this out:

I have a 2015 Kindle Paperwhite (don't read on tablet or phone), where I have accumulated well over a thousand books.
Storage Management tells me I've used up 2.84 GB, free: 351 MB.
My homepage lists 47 books, under "ALL" & "DOWNLOADED ".
I did a hard reset, which made no difference.

How can I get my books back?
Can you see the books when connected via USB? If yes, what directory are the books stored in? They have to be inside documents.

Also, if you moved/copied a lot of books, give the Kindle some time to index them. They're not all gonna show up immediately.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 09:54 PM   #18
RTrimmer
RTrimmer began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle for Mac
A lot of books did not transfer to Kindle for Mac new computer

I bought a new Mac and while a lot of books showed up on the new one in Kindle for Mac, a lot did not.

It says to remove them from the device, but Managing Your Content says that will remove them from all devices and the account -- I have two Kindle Paperwhites. So I haven't pulled that trigger yet.

Advice?
RTrimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 06:28 PM   #19
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
"Remove them from the device" is not the same as "Managing Your Content".

If you have books that don't show up on the Mac, then you cannot "remove them from the device" because they aren't there yet. How about using "Managing Your Content" and, book by book, resending the books you want at present?
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 03:31 AM   #20
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTrimmer View Post
I bought a new Mac and while a lot of books showed up on the new one in Kindle for Mac, a lot did not.

It says to remove them from the device, but Managing Your Content says that will remove them from all devices and the account -- I have two Kindle Paperwhites. So I haven't pulled that trigger yet.

Advice?
Are you saying that the books are not visible in the library view of K4Mac?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 08:30 AM   #21
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTrimmer View Post

Advice?
A pop-up dialog with a message like "The book could not be opened. Please remove the book from your device and redownload it." means that the book file on your system cannot be opened by the the current installation of Kindle for Mac/PC. That can be because of a DRM issue (you re-registered the app) or because the book format is unsupported (KFX format book when KFX has been disabled).

To fix do what it says. In Kindle for PC right click the book cover and choose "Remove from device" then right click it again and choose "Download". (There are equivalent functions on a Mac.)
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 07:28 PM   #22
fduniho
Addict
fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, DX, PW4, PW5, Scribe; Likebook Mars; Fire HD 8; iPad
I've been having the same issue with the Kindle app on my Likebook Mars. Sometimes, all my Kindle books on the device disappear, and I need to turn on Wifi to redownload them. This has never been a problem on my Kindle Touch or Kindle DX.
fduniho is offline   Reply With Quote