Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-24-2018, 02:12 AM   #16
indiecognition
indiecognition began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage (WiFi)
So I've been able to successfully prevent automatic updates with the temp update folder workaround, and generally keeping my Kindle in Airplane Mode except when updating and downloading books. Just wanted to give that feedback.

I mainly use a Voyage, but wanted to try out the newest Kindle update on an older jailbroken Paperwhite 3 (version 5.10.1.1)

After the update, i tried to install the screensaver hack using the mr packages and the ;log mrpi command. I get the "Hush little baby..." message, so the jailbreak still seems to be active. But instead of installing the packages, MRPI says "Destroying packages..." and restarts.

I've tried using a nomax hotfix, but still get the issue.

Anyone have a solution/workaround? It's a small thing, but having book covers as my screensaver makes me happy (and it's absurd that Amazon doesn't just develop that feature).

Thanks as always!
indiecognition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 02:22 AM   #17
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by indiecognition View Post
I've tried using a nomax hotfix, but still get the issue.
Install the latest hotfix via menu UYK
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...postcount=1597
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 11:49 PM   #18
indiecognition

thanks, hius07!

The newer hotfix from your link did the trick.
Old 10-25-2018, 01:28 AM   #19
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
Quote:
thanks, hius07!

The newer hotfix from your link did the trick.
All thanks go to @NiLuJe
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 07:25 PM   #20
indiecognition

Question

Not sure if anyone is still subscribed, but I'll give this a shot:

I've been able to update my Kindle Voyage and PW3 to the last few versions, run the nomax hotfix 1.14, then do ;log mrpi to install kual booklet, python, and the screensaver hack.

A few weeks ago I upgraded to the most recent (still current) version of the Kindle firmware (5.12.2), and installed the screensaver hack as usual. It worked fine.

Then the other night my Kindle Voyage suddenly was showing the default kindle screensavers instead of the custom ones. I realized that I can't open the KUAL booklet, or install anything using ;log mrpi. Trying to update using the hotfix gives me Error 007. I had not installed any firmware updates since the last time, and everything seemed to be fine. Plus I keep my Kindle in airplane mode most of the time.

I have never had an issue like this where the jailbreak was completely undone, but I can't figure out how to get KUAL or the the screensaver hack back onto my Kindle Voyage.

Anyone know what happened, or have any suggestions for how to fix?

Thanks as always!
Old 10-31-2019, 09:34 PM   #21
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
. . . . .

Anyone know what happened, or have any suggestions for how to fix?

Thanks as always!
Try this one:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=641
and report your results on that same thread.

Last edited by knc1; 10-31-2019 at 09:36 PM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hotfix, jailbreak, kual