Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-24-2009, 11:20 PM   #1
nortstudio
nortstudio began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-300
Problem with ebook library

I bought the sony prs-300 less than a month ago. I like it. But after the first time i installed and fired up the software - the program will not work. Even that first time - the program hung up on sync'ing one book I had purchased. Now when I start the program - the only thing that shows up is the main drop menu, no window, no view option to open a window, no nothing!

I have deleted it and reinstalled from the ebook itself, as well as the downloaded the latest from online. I can't tell you what version it is - because it doesn't even have a "about' section in the drop that shows up.

Very frustrated. Please help.
nortstudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 03:35 AM   #2
rvdparis
Connoisseur
rvdparis doesn't litterrvdparis doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Touch + iPad 1 + iPhone 4
Hi nortstudio. Do you have a mac? (it's important to tell people what you have so they can help)

If you do, then see this link

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58268

The EBL software is very problematic for OSX. You must delete nearly everything and reinstall. And anytime you do an update for Leopard (or Snow Leopard), you must reinstall EBL. At least this has been my experience. Please tell us how you make out.

R.
rvdparis is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-25-2009, 04:06 AM   #3
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Hmmm, by any chance do you have books in there where you manually changed the name of the file?

I had the same problem: downloaded books, change the filename and the synching wasn't working.

Worked it out eventually through elemination (well Sony tried everything else). Once I deleted the renamed files the synching worked fine.

Now I rename in Calibri only
Katti's Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 10:30 AM   #4
nortstudio

Thanks for the help. I finally did the reinstall after finding all the objects to delete.
Old 11-28-2009, 09:48 AM   #5
nortstudio

Sorry folks. I realized that I never gave the full run down of what I was using...

I have a MacBook Pro (2.4 ghz) from around late 2007/early 2008. I am running 10.5.8, and have the sony PRS-300.

The suggestion to remove all components of the install - and then reinstall the Sony software from the web download (presumably the most updated version available), is working so far.

Keep your fingers crossed!

Thanks again for all the help.
Advert

Tags
ereader, prs-300, sony