Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 10-14-2009, 06:44 AM   #1
Wozzzaaa
Copyright Liberationist
Wozzzaaa is on a distinguished road

Device: Eslick
Hanlin V5 - Ebay or Bebook

Gday, Gday
I want to buy a Hanlin V5, & i seem to have 2 choices for sourcing it.

1) Bebook

http://bebook.net.au/products/BeBook...rsion-7-0.html

2) Ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/New-Hanlin-eR...3286.m63.l1177

So far ebay would be around $50 - $100 cheaper and most ebay ones come with a jacket..

So what do you reckon? Local supplier & warranty vs $100 cheaper china direct?
Wozzzaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 07:09 AM   #2
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Are you in Australia? If so and you wish to buy locally DADirect.com have the Hanlin V5 for $349 (plus freight I believe), which includes the cover. Alternatively, which is what I did, I ordered the Astak Pocket Pro from the US. After currency conversion it worked out about $280AUS inc freight. This package included a cover. Only real difference in terms of actual package contents buying the Hanlin V5 locally and the Astak PP was the Astak PP did not include an AC to USB power adapter for Australian power points, but they are cheap for about $15, or you could just use your PC for charging the unit.

Hope it helps.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-14-2009, 02:11 PM   #3
acolsandra
Enthusiast
acolsandra began at the beginning.

Device: bebook1, pocketbook 302
Look at the location of the seller, if it's utrecht in the Netherlands you buy it directly from endless ideas (aka the owners of bebook). I dit it through ebay and paid eur 205,= with shipping instead of the price on the bebook website that was then eur 299,= excluding shipping.
acolsandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 07:45 PM   #4
rling
Connoisseur
rling began at the beginning.

Device: Mentor Lite, Nook Color, Pocket Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wozzzaaa View Post
Gday, Gday
I want to buy a Hanlin V5... Local supplier & warranty vs $100 cheaper china direct?
Get it from Astak. It is cheaper (US$199 + postage ), and they stand by their product.

Had to RMA my unit due to paint problem (since fixed) with initial batch, and they paid for the unit to be reutrned and shipped a new one.
rling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 12:17 AM   #5
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by rling View Post
Get it from Astak. It is cheaper (US$199 + postage ), and they stand by their product.

Had to RMA my unit due to paint problem (since fixed) with initial batch, and they paid for the unit to be reutrned and shipped a new one.
good luck with that brand, hope you like rolling dice...
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-18-2009, 01:15 AM   #6
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by brecklundin View Post
good luck with that brand, hope you like rolling dice...
What do you mean by that? Don't you feel that Astak is a good brand of e-reader to buy?
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 04:31 AM   #7
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
I am happy with my Astak Pocket Pro!

I agree with Rling, they do stand by their product and they also have helpful customer support.
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 11:10 AM   #8
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solicitous View Post
What do you mean by that? Don't you feel that Astak is a good brand of e-reader to buy?
nope....given the issues with the devices, batteries, charging, who knows what issues with PAINTING the case, the LIE about using a standard Nokia battery prior to release but insisted by the Astak rep, the USB port problems...need I go on?

I would not buy an Astak reader if it came with a $1000 rebate...
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote